Chapter 4

After while Priya, opened her eyes only to witness a man's face so close to her. She woke up startled seeing him so close. She Sat still for a minute to understand her surrounding. Thats when she realised how her life changed in a day. She noticed Meera ma sleeping uncomfortably by sitting. She relectantly woke up Ram. Ram frowned in sleep and woke up to blast the person who distrubed his sleep but stopped confusedly hearing shhhshhhing sound. Priya signalled him not to disturb their mother's sleep, he nodded and rolled over to the other side and slept peacefully. Priya made Meera ma to sleep comfortably and got down from the bed. Not having any extra pillows, she just used her bag as pillow and slept on the floor feeling dead tired.

Meera was the first one to woke up. She woke startled searching for Priya seeing Ram sleeping beside her. Her heart broke seeing her sleeping in a very uncomfortable position. Meera furiously woke Ram seeing him sleeping leisurely. Ram spoke irritatedly.
Ram: kya ma.
Meera held his face and made him look at Priya instantly he felt guilty seeing her like that.
Meera: I never expected this from you Ram.
Meera can't hide the disappoint she felt due to her son's activity eventhough it was a genuine mistake.
Ram: I'm sorry ma. I just..
Meera: please take care of her Ram. She is with us leaving everything she knows behind. Don't ever make her regret for taking this decision.

Ram nodded his head and got down from the bed to make her sleep comfortably but unknowingly tripped on a table making a loud sound which made her to wake up from her sleep. Seeing both of them up from their sleep.
Priya: I'm sorry ma, I don't know how I slept this long. This won't happen again.
Priya ran inside the washroom taking her clothes in her hand. Meera just sat there sadly.
Meera: she don't deserve this Ram. Do something.
Ram: I will ma.
Ram told with a determination.

All three got ready and had the breakfast that ram brought for them. Asking them to be safe, Ram went out to find a solution for their problem.
It was late evening, when Ram came back all dejected to their room. He straightly went and laid his head Meera ma's lap and cried his heart out which made both ladies to tear up.

Seeing him crying like a kid, Priya held Meera ma's shoulder and signalled her to stay strong for Ram. She nodded understanding her and asked Ram what happened. Ram explained how they had perfectly planned everything and how they won't get a single penny that is rightfully theirs. How no one is ready to help them.  Both ladies teared up hearing him.
Ram: I'm sorry ma, everything is happening because of me. If I had been carefull, this would have never happened.
Meera: enough bacha, you are not responsible for anything. We will start fresh, we don't want anything from them.
Ram: ma, I don't want to stay in Delhi anymore. We will go somewhere ma.
Meera: Ram but
Ram: No one is here for us ma. Everyone is a cheat. We will go somewhere ma. I don't want to stay in this city.
Meera worriedly looked at Priya who signalled her ,she is okey with it.
Ram: ma please
Meera: we will go Ram.
Ram: thank you ma.
Ram looked at her mother gratefully and walked into washroom. Once he got freshen up, he realised he never considered Priya's wish. He didn't even think about her. He was disappointed with himself for not considering her feelings.

Ram came out wiping his face, he looked at Priya who was sitting there in her own thoughts. He felt bad for her,as he can sense her loneliness.
Ram: ma I will get our dinner for us.
Meera nodded absent mindedly busy in her thoughts.
Ram: ma, shall I take Priya with me?
Meera gave a wide smile to Ram nodding her head eagerly making Ram to smile at her.
Meera: yes yes you take her with you, I will take some rest till you both return. Better you have your dinner and get for me.
Priya: ma I will be with you, how will you stay alone
Meera: Priya I'm ordering you. Go with him
Priya: but
Ram: it's just walkable distance,we will return soon.
Priya relectantly nodded her head and went with him, even though she felt happy when he himself asked permission to take her with him.

Once they started walking, Ram softly started talking with her.
Ram: I'm sorry
Priya: huh?
Ram: I never asked your opinion about shifting to another city. I'm really sorry.
Priya: You didn't do anything wrong.
Ram: it was wrong on my part Priya and I'm sorry.
Priya just nodded understanding arguing with him is futile.
Ram: are you okey with us shifting to somewhere?
Priya: any place will do as long as my family is with me.
Ram: thank you Priya.
Priya: you don't have to say thanks for that.
Ram: I'm sorry
Priya: ab kya hua
Ram: I'm sorry, I can't take care of you properly.
Priya: I'm happy Mr. Kapoor. You don't have to worry about me.
Ram: I have every rights to worry about you.
Both locked their eyes with eachother and slightly smiled at each other.
Priya: everything will be fine Mr. Kapoor. You will soon bounce back from this.
Ram: thank you for being with me priya.
Priya: why do you keep on saying thank you, sorry to me. I didn't do any favour for you.
Ram: I'm so..
Ram stopped and held his both ears making her to smile.
Priya: where are we going?
Ram: may be Mumbai.
Priya: is there anyone to help us there?
Ram: I don't want help from anyone that I know Priya. They will never let us live in peace there. I don't want anyone to tail us.
Priya nodded her understanding his reasoning.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor I don't have much to offer you, I have around 50 thousand rupees in my savings and this gold chain. We can sell this chain, to get some more money. You don't worry about anything, everything will be fine.
Ram looked at her with moist eyes. Her genuine worry for him, her way of trying to help him, made him emotional. She never expected anything from him and Willing to give whatever she can. Ram held her hand which made Priya to look at him in shock, seeing tears in eyes she got concerned
Priya: what happened?
Ram: nothing, than..
Seeing her look at him with little hurt, he stopped himself in middle.
Ram: I have arranged some money Priya. I will ask you when  in need.
Priya nodded her head saying okey.
Priya: I know you are used to certain life style, but we have to reduce our expenses to maximum Kapoor. We don't have any job. I know you will get quickly but It will be little hard for me to get a job.
Ram: we will manage Priya. But I agree with you. We will reduce our expenses.
Priya: if you don't mind shall I ask my friend for help?
Ram: huh?
Priya: she is my close friend. She stays in Mumbai. I won't ask any financial help. Maybe they can help us in finding a house for rent.
Ram: are you sure they will help us? We shouldn't burden them Priya.
Priya: I will not force her, I will just ask her.
Ram: okey
Priya: thank you.
Ram: you don't have to thank me.
Priya: sorry.
Ram looked at her mock anger but soon both burst into laughter.
Ram: no sorry no thanks between us hereafter.
Priya: yes.
Ram: it's getting late, shall we have dinner here.
Priya: no we will have with ma. She must be waiting for us.
Ram smiled seeing her care of his mother no their mother. She treated their mother with atmost respect.

Both went back to room with their dinner. Meera felt good seeing her children trying to work on their relation. They both looked little relaxed after returning, she just hoped everything gets fine soon.

Priya sat in a chair at the corner of the room not knowing where to sleep, Ram understanding her plight went to get some extra pillows and bedsheets.
Ram and Priya slept on the floor on either side of the bed while they asked Meera ma to take the bed. Meera laid in the bed feeling sad for her children as they never got really a lone moment after their marriage. She sincerely hoped everything gets sorted out soon. All gave in to their sleep in the hope of new dawn in their life.