Chapter 1

For the past few days, this storyline was bugging me. So finally decided to give it a shot. It will be a simple story. Do tell me whether to continue or not. I will discontinue it if you guys found it boring. I don't want to waste my time as well as your time by writing something you guys won't enjoy. I will continue based on your responses.

Everyone were busy running around doing last minute preparations happily for the grand wedding that is going to happen in few hours. The most eligible bachelor of Delhi and a very successful businessman Ram Kapoor is tying knot with Vedika Sood, a model by profession. The wedding was a grand affair but it was strictly a private event without any media coverage as Ram was an extremely private person when it comes to his family.

Priya, younger sister of the bride vedika was efficiently handling everything from bride's side as she want everything to be perfect for her sister. she didn't want her sister to throw any tantrum at last minute.

Priya who entered the room where her sister vedika was getting her makeup done noticed her sister being more fussy and creating a whole lot trouble for the beautician's who were trying their best to control their irritation. She sighed as she can't help them with anything. Her bond with her sister was always Rocky. she never treats her like a sister but she was happy for her sister who is getting married to a gem of a person Ram Kapoor. Eventhough they are wealthy,they always treated their family with respect. They are the people who gave importance to people rather than wealth. Her sister did a modelling assignment for the Kapoor's and that is how Mr. Ram Kapoor fell in love with her sister. She had noticed the way he treated everyone with respect and the way he looked at her sister, Priya can tell he was head over heels in love with her sister. He was person with a bundle of energy whose smile can lit up anyone's heart with happiness. She had interacted with him once or twice during the wedding preparations and he was always considerate about everyone's feelings and treated her with utmost respect that even Priya's father and sister didn't give her. He cares for his people more than himself. But she can say, he is living a carefree life, from what she listened to vedika's conversation with her friends, he never cares for money and takes everything very lightly even with his business. He spends money without any everyone. He is the only son for Meera Kapoor and his father passed away few years ago in an accident. So it is only him and her mother Meera Kapoor.

Ram took care of his father's business after his demise. Ram's father also took care of his younger brother's family after his untimely demise. Ram's chachi nandini Kapoor and her son Shashi lives with them as long as he can remember, so they were his family. The wealth Kapoor's have was all due to the hardwork of Ram's father later because of Ram.

Ram's mother had gone to Vedika's house with his alliance for her. Soon everything got fixed in a jiffy as Vedika's father mahendra sood didn't want to lose the entry ticket to such a affluent family. Priya mentally prayed to God for Kapoor's safety from her father and her sister as she very well know they value money and not people.

Priya came out of her thoughts hearing her sister's shouting, she groaned and turned to look at her but stopped seeing her hugging shashi and kissing his cheek who is the brother of the bride groom.
Vedika: we can leave right?
Shashi: yes baby, everything went according to our plan. No we are the new owners of Kapoor's industries.
Shashi kissed vedika's cheek who in turn hugged him tightly. Priya stood there rooted to her place not understanding anything.
Shashi: come on, let's go. We are getting late for our muhurat.
Vedika: yes.
Vedika lifted her heavy lehanga with both her hands and about to walk out when Priya held her hand and stopped.
Priya: di where are you going?
Vedika: how dare you touch me?
Priya left her hand immediately.
Vedika: and for your information I'm going to marry the love of my life. Shashi Kapoor, my shashi.
Priya gasped audibly listening to her, she faintly asked
Priya: what about your marriage with his elder brother?
Vedika: don't tell me, you thought that I will marry that crazy.
Priya: di, how can you say something like this. He loves you di.
Vedika: I'm not going to marry that pauper anyway.
Priya: pauper? Why are you doing this?
Priya was confused as she know they were the wealthiest people in their city.
Vedika continued to explain how they (nandini,vedika and Shashi) managed to get every property from Ram in the name of shashi. How they cheated Ram and how it was their plan to make Ram fall in love with her. Priya looked at vedika with pure disgust. vedika got a sound slap from Priya when she finished boasting about their success, success of backstabbing a man who did nothing but genuinely cared and loved her.
Vedika: how dare you Priya?
Priya: how dare I? How dare you. Don't you have any shame to play with others emotions like this.
Veidka: oh shut up, you are just jealous of me.
Priya: I would rather die than to be jealous of you.
Vedika: you little bi...
Priya: shut up, don't use your name for me. If you want to leave him, why did you wait for today, why are you humiliating him infront of the world like this?
Shashi: That was my sweet revenge for insulting me infront of my office staffs.
Priya: how can you do this to him, you are his family. You both are the people, whom he trusts most. How can you?
Vedika: oh cut the crap Priya, you always need to say some emotional crap.
Priya before she can speak, saw her father entering hurriedly.
Priya: papa she
Mr. Sood: what are you still doing here?
Vedika: your darling daughter is not allowing us.
Mr. Sood: stop talking and get going before anyone can notice.
Vedika and Shashi nodded and went out through the side door. While Priya was shocked to the core listening to her father.
Priya: you know?
Mr. Sood: I only came to know today morning,
Priya: how can you help her?
Mr. Sood: I don't want my daughter to marry that useless man. Shashi is the new heir of Kapoor's. My daughter needs someone like him not a emotional fool like Ram.
Priya: How can you do this to him papa? How can you guys humiliate him and his mother like this?
Mr. Sood: you speaking little too much here, Don't forget your place. You are nothing but a disappointment to me. Atleast allow my daughter to live her life the way she wants.
Priya: she can live however she wants but not at the cost of others emotions.
Mr. Sood: just shut up Priya.
Priya: atleast tell them now, that your daughter ran away.
Mr. Sood: they will get know at the time of muhurat.
Priya: how can you be so cruel? I'm ashamed to have a father like you.
Mr. Sood: how dare you?
Mr. Sood slapped Priya very hard while she stood infront of him with head held high and her eyes spitting fire which did unnerve sood as Priya was a timid one. She never raised her voice against them, she always listens to them.
Priya: I'm going to tell them the truth papa
Mr. Sood: if you step out of this room, I will disown you.

Priya looked at her father in shock, all her life she did was to obey him, she did everything he asked just to get some love from him like he loved her elder sister. But she never got anything from both of them who is her only family. she had lost her mother at the tender age. Her father never liked and considered her as bad omen and her sister always treated her like a dirt. She closed her eyes and remembered the motherly warmth she got from Meera ma eventhough she met only a handful of times. Priya remembered how meera lovingly asked her to call her as ma when Priya addressed her as mam for the first. She can't do this to them. They deserved better. Priya wiped her tears furiously.
Priya: I'm okey with it, but I'm not going to be a part in your sin. You have disowned me long back papa. I'll survive with your hatred but I can't live with the guilt of betraying someone.
With that she marched out quickly to find Meera ma not listening to her father's yellings.