chapter 2

Thanks for the response, I had some free time yesterday. So wrote a another chapter. Here it goes.

Priya felt her knees give away after hastily knocking the door. She braced herself to face the wrath of Kapoor's rather than backstabbing them.
Meera opened the door and allowed Priya to enter the room.

Priya eyes fell on Ram who was sitting on a chair with bloodshot eyes. Priya stepped back in fear noticing the fury in his eyes. She just held both of her hands tightly in nervousness.
Meera: Priya
Priya: mein wohhh meeii
Ram's phone kept ringing in between, he closed his eyes in sheer frustration but she can see the moist eyes behind the fury.
Meera: are you alright beta?
Meera caressed her cheek lovingly which made Priya to break down completely in guilt. She fell on Meera's feet and asked forgiveness on behalf of their family. Ram turned away witnessing that while Meera made Priya stand up.
Meera: tell me
Priya explained everything what her family did. She broke down again after completing her side of story.
Priya: I'm sorry ma. I'm really sorry for what we did to your family. Please if you can, please forgive us.
Meera: you don't have to be guilty Priya as you are not responsible for any of this. We just placed our trust on wrong people.

Meera looked at her son who was wiping his tears  secretly, her heart broke seeing her son in pain. She was happy for the past few months seeing him genuinely so happy after his father's untimely demise. Now, she don't know how he is going to manage everything. He had lost everything in a blink. Meera wiped her tears as she have to be strong for her son as he don't have anyone other than her. She can't help but fear for his future, what if something happens to her suddenly, then  no one will be there for him. Meera looked at her son and fresh set of tears made its way, as her son will be alone, really alone if something happens to her.
Meera came out of her thoughts, when Ram called her.
Ram: Ma. You please stay here, I will ask the guests to leave after apologizing.
Priya heart went out to him seeing him all broken. He have to apologise for something he was not even responsible.
Meera: No I will come with you. You don't have to do it alone.
Ram: it is unnecessary stress for you ma. I can manage this.
Ram touched his mother's arm slightly which made her to breakdown in his arms. After crying their heart out cursing their fate, Ram parted from his mom and took a deep breath before taking his first step to go out.
Meera: Ram can you wait outside for 5 mins. I need to talk to priya alone.
Ram: ma there is no need for you to talk to anyone. I think we can get going.
Meera: Ram I want to
Ram: then you talk I will take of other things.
Meera: No Ram wait for me. I don't want you to do it alone.
Ram sighed and went out to wait for his ma. Meera took a deep breath and turned to priya who was looking at her in confusion.
Meera: Priya will you marry my son?
Priya's eyes popped out listening to her. Priya looked at Meera with confused eyes not sure whether she listened correctly.
Meera: Priya
Priya: huh?
Meera: will you marry my son?
Priya: ma how can I..
Meera: Priya I know what I'm asking you to do is a big sacrifice but I can't help but be a selfish mother for my son a once.
Priya looked at Meera silently without answering.
Meera: I'm worried for Ram. He doesn't have anyone other than me. I don't know what he will do if something happens to me.
Priya: nothing will happen to you ma.
Why are you talking like this?
Meera: he lost his father suddenly, now he lost his name,property and love in a blink.
Priya stayed silent not knowing what to answer her.
Meera: I know we are not rich now, but I assure you Priya my Ram is still rich with his character, with his love for others. He will achieve everything even he have to start from scratch. He needs a support who will understand him and hold him in his need. Please Priya will you marry my son?
Priya: ma meinnn
Meera: I know you will be perfect for my Ram as you have the same qualities like him. I saw the way you stood up for him infront of your sister and father.
Priya looked at Meera in shock,
Meera: I came to give our family kangan to vedika, but was shocked seeing her hug shashi, then I stood there listening to everything.
Priya hugged her as Meera broke down into tears. Priya too cried hugging her.
Priya: I'm really sorry ma. I'm sorry. You guys have to go through this.
Meera parted from priya and wiped her tears.
Meera: I'm sorry if you feel trapped, I don't want to compel you to do anything.
Priya looked at Meera, she loved Meera like a mother, she can't let them go through this humiliation. But what about Ram, how can she marry him when she knows he loves her sister. Will he able to accept her? Isn't it too soon?
Priya: Ma what about Mr. Kapoor.
Meera's face broke into a smile listening to priya.
Meera: you are ready for the marriage?
Priya: only if Mr. Kapoor is ready.
Meera: really?
Priya nodded her head slightly, while Meera kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly.
Meera: he will agree.