chapter 5

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

Next day they got ready and boarded the train to reach Mumbai. Priya had called her friend brindha last night for help who was more than happy to help. Priya again  called brindha in the morning and remained her along with informing their arrival time.

Once they reached Mumbai, brindha was there to pick them up. Brinda took them to her apartment and asked them to freshen up, they politely tried to refuse it but she stubbornly brought them to her apartment. All got freshen up and had food that was prepared by brindha.
Bri: Priya any expectations about house?
Priya: Mr. Kapoor any input?
Ram thought for moment and decided to leave it Priya as he had seen how responsible she was in almost everything.
Ram: you decide it Priya. Select it as per your wish.
Priya nodded at him with a little smile listening to him while Meera was happy seeing them behave like a normal couple. She felt ease seeing them like that as she had a fear in her heart what if Ram can't move on from his past love. Seeing him treating Priya normally made her to relax a little.
Priya: bri we will go with single bedroom house
Meera: no not all Priya, brindha beta 2 bhk will do
Priya: par ma what is the need to waste money in that?
Meera: we will always have problem beta
Priya: we can shift to better house once we are financially stable.
Meera: still not anything less than 2 bedroom.
Priya: ma
Meera: no more arguments Priya.
Brindha thought for a second,
Bri: we have an flat opposite to our home.will you guys take a look at it.
Priya looked at Ram who gave a slight nod to go and check.
Priya: par bri rent
Meera: we can reduce our other expenses Priya.
Ram: we can manage Priya. Just go and check it.
Priya: okey we can check it out.

After finishing their food, they checked the flat and was satisfied with everything. It was apt for their need with affordable rent. Adi worked in a company as a manger while bri was a home maker. They lived a average middle class life with happiness, they are not so rich. Ram agreed to the flat seeing Priya's happiness while she was with her friend. Brindha talked to the flat owner and helped them with everything.
Ram: ma we need to get things.
Meera: haan but don't spend too much ram. Buy only essentials.
Ram: okey ma.
Priya silently listened to their conversation.
Ram:why don't you take some rest ma. You look tired.
Bri: ma I mean aunty, you can use the left bedroom.
Meera: you can also call me ma beta
Bri slightly nodded looking Priya who gave her a assuring smile
Meera: it's ok beta. I'm fine.
Priya: ma don't be stubborn, you look so tired. Now come on get some rest.
Bri: yeah come on ma.
Bri and Priya took Meera to a bedroom and made her take rest.

Ram stood there looking at their retreating figure, even Priya's friend was more like Priya. The way they care for his mother made him happy as his mother was always stayed alone in Kapoor mansion at the mercy of their servants, eventhough he tried to spend his maximum free time with his mother. Ram came out of his thoughts listening to priya's voice.
Ram: Priya
Priya: ji
Ram: shall we go?
Priya: mein?
Ram: don't tell me you are not coming for shopping?
Priya: I didn't...
Ram: you come and purchase whatever you want for our home.
Priya happily nodded at him. Priya went and told bri about their plans before going with Ram.

A while later, Ram and Priya went to purchase things that are necessary for their home after asking him about the budget.

They purchased only essentials items they may need as they don't want to waste money unnecessarily.
Priya: we will get one single cot for ma.
Ram: it's ok, buy ..
Priya: will you fine with simple matresses or do you want a bed?
Ram: Priya we can buy double bed. I can afford it.
Priya: will you be comfortable with mattress alone.
Ram: yeah
Priya: we don't know, when we will be get settled in a job Mr. Kapoor. We should save our resources for emergency. We can't waste money unnecessarily.
Ram nodded his head understanding her reasonings. They purchased a comfortable bed for their mother while they opted simple matresses for them. While paying for the bill Ram realised how much his wife is right. He didn't have much left after paying for everything. May the remaining amount will help them for another 2 or 3 months.