SNL

You're The One- Greta Van Fleet

It is January 2019, Snl had come back from a very short break, and Pete had invited me again. I usually do go to the show whenever I'm free. But this one was mandatory he said, Pete thought I would love the opening band. I looked them up and they all look and sound amazing, specifically the little curly one.
I still had an hour before I should leave. Frannie and Devon were over as usual helping me get ready. I wanted to choose something nice but also comfy. Frannie was in charge of the outfit while Devon was in charge of the makeup.

"I swear if you don't say hello to Kate for me I'm never doing your makeup again" Devon stated as he floofed a brush across my cheeks painting them a rose pink. "I'm not joking anymore, I get it you two are madly in love but why not make it a thruple?" he wined

"Never will I share my wife with anyone and that includes you, Devon," I said walking to Frannie. "Anyway what happens to Austin? I thought you two were cute together," I was confused that I haven't heard anything about him for the past week, and Devin wouldn't shut up about him.

"Yeah about that-" Devon said walking out of the room.
"I honestly feel bad they were so in love with each other, Austin should've never ended things," Frannie says following him out.

I quickly got dressed in a small white tank top, white straight jeans, and laced up my white Converse. Finally, to top it off I picked a small green shoulder bag Lily gave me.

Now looking in the mirror I looked dumb. Honestly, I could probably just show up in sweats and a tee, and no one would judge. But I feel like I've got this pressure to always try to look hot.

Before I knew it I needed to leave. Alone I walked to the first floor and called a taxi. Not too long after I arrived, already I felt exhausted. I paid the driver and walked to the door.

"Georgia!!" I squalled running to the security guard. "Where have you been I miss you,"

"I miss you too but I've been out of town," Georgia explained hugging me back.

I started my way inside to find Pete. Walking into the studio was my favorite thing. I just felt so at home here. Pete has been inviting me here since we were first friends. I got to host once a while ago and instantly became close with the rest of the cast.

"Kathrine" I hear an excited voice behind me, turning around to see the love of my life, Kate McKinnon. She walks closer and gives the biggest bear hug to me squeezing all the air out. "I miss you, btw Pete is going to be late," Kate said to me.

"I miss you too, thanks I'll see you later," I say walking off to my seat. I sit in the same spot every time. Some would say it's the perfect seat, with the best view.

The show went by quickly that night, Racheal is one of my favorites, and she did wonderful in the skits. It was now almost over when the band got to perform.

"I present to you Greta Van Fleet," Racheal tells the crowd.

And oh my god the lead singer. He looked good in the photos, but so much better in person. This band will be my new favorite thing, I'm in love. I don't know why but suddenly what I had looked like was a big deal right now. I quickly adjusted my hair and sat up straight.

The show for that night ended. I found my way to the back and saw Pete talking to a group of people that I couldn't recognize at first. "Kathrine, I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you I would be late," Pete said breaking whatever conversation was going on.

"No, it's totally fine" I had said in return.

"Oh this is why you had to be here tonight" he had said with the group turning around to see it was the band, all four of them. "Guys this is Kathrine and Kathrine this is Sam, Jake, Daniel, and Josh," Pete said with all the boys waving at me.

"Hi, you all did amazing, I loved it!" I said.

My god did he have such beautiful eyes. I had to look away from him or else I would never.

"Thank you that means a lot," Josh said still making eye contact with me.

"Well, I have to go, bye everyone," Pete said walking off.

"Us too, it was nice to meet you, goodbye," Josh said
turning around and walking out with the group.
With everyone leaving I left too and started on my walk back to my apartment.

While walking on the sidewalk a car pulled up and the front passenger side window went down, it was Jake. "Hey, do you need a ride?" he questioned.

"No no, it's fine I usually walk everywhere, and my place is not that far," I reassured.

"We feel bad for leaving you out here, it's late and dark," Jake said as the back car door opened and it was Josh sitting on the end. I walked over to the car as the two boys scooted over.

"Sorry if it's a little cramped" Josh said moving the backpack off the ground to his lap.

"It's fine," I said looking over at him, the eyes again made memorized.

"So where do you live?" Danny said in the driver's seat.

"Go straight, first right, first left, straight and there is a big white building with vines on the front," I said in response to him.

"So it is far," Josh said slightly laughing. The car ride was short and sweet. We listened to music and Sam wouldn't stop making fun of me for liking pop and country. I felt like I had a strong connection with them and we were friends, even though I just met them a few hours ago. "Your stop," Josh said reaching over me to open the car door. Butterflies were jumping and dancing around on my stomach.

"Thanks again," I said leaving the car and walking to the main door of the building. I could hear the music coming from the car still behind me, they were waiting for me to get inside. Not most people I knew would do something like that. Once the door unlocked I went in and turned to wave goodbye.

That night I called Lily and told her everything, every last detail. Her response was I need to find him again and get Josh's number.

"He is the one" Lily said before ending the call. I had tossed and turned all night unable to sleep. I was thinking of Josh.