If you want me, you need to fight for me

Start bij het begin

"What are you guys going to order?" asked Parker, looking at the menu. 

"Probably just some beers." most of the team members say. No one goes to the bar and orders a fancy drink; beer is always the way to go. And most of the time, it's the cheapest. 

"I'm getting water," says Topolski. The whole team just looks at him like he said he killed someone. Jaws are practically on the ground.

"Topolski, we are at a bar. Shouldn't you want to order something with alcohol in it?" asked John, one of the defensive men.

"I don't like the taste." The team just stares, before they say anything rude to him, I chime in.

"I'm not drinking beer either, the taste isn't that good anymore." I give Topolski a small smile, patting him on the back. The other team members just nod their heads and continue talking to each other.

✏️✏️✏️✏️

"I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!" Parker yells to the sky as John and Cameron, an alternate, carry Parker across the street. He drank more than everyone on the team, the guys will be outside his room tomorrow waiting for their money.

"How much did he drink, I lost count," asked Topolski, just staring at Parker through his reddish hair. He hasn't cut it in a while so it's just hanging in his eyes.

"I believe it was 20 beers. Rich people are fucking crazy."

"True that." 

We both said goodnight to the other members of the team and walked to our hotel room. All the guys got to pick who they wanted to room with, and since Jace is still in the hospital, he should be getting out tomorrow, and Teddy is suspended, and I don't vibe with anyone else on the team, I chose Topolski. Also, no one wanted him because he's quirky and different.

I like him, he's fun to talk to and he doesn't try to conform to what the team wants him to be.

"Do you want to shower first?" He asked me, walking into the room first while I follow behind him.

"No, you can go in first. I need to make a call."

"Cool beans." He picks up his clothes and body products, shuts the door, and starts up the shower. I sit on my bed that's near the window, and gives me a good view of Washington, dialing my favorite person's number.

Elizabeth.

She answers on the third ring, "Andreas, hi." Her voice was small and delicate.

"Hi, E. Were you sleeping?" I asked.

"No, Jill and I were watching a movie, and now she's asleep. I didn't want to wake her up or anything. What are you doing?" 

"I just came back from the bar with the boys, and am now laying on my bed, waiting for Topolski to get out of the shower so I can wash up."

"Mhm, I'm sure you smell." She jokes.

I smile, "Please, you know I smell good. How are things there?"

"It's been fine, Bridget has cooled down if that's what you're getting to. Classes are boring, per usual, and I started watching a new show. I heard you guys won your game."

"We did."

"That means you'll be going to the championships."

"It does." 

"Are you excited?"

"Yes, Elizabeth, I'm very excited." I smile through the words. "Hey, E?"

"Yeah."

"I love you." 

For a moment, I don't hear anything. "Again."

"I love you, Elizabeth." My hand grips the sheet, gosh those words.

"Do you mean it?" Her voice wavered a little.

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't. Now, what's going to happen when I get back to Berkeley."

"Ummm, I don't know. I'm not going to automatically become your girlfriend because you said that you loved me. It's going to take more."

"Oh, I know. I'll do whatever I have to do to make it up to you. Just tell me what you want."

"I don't know, and I can't tell you even if I had something. You told me that you loved me, now I need you to show it to me. Use your imagination, Andreas Chen." 

I chuckle, "My imagination is shot right now. I can barely hold my eyes open." I snuggle my head into the pillow, while my fingers hold open my eyes.

"Then go to sleep, dummy." She jokes.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I've been waiting to hear your voice all day," I swear I hear her squeal quietly over the phone. She's so cute.

"My voice is not interesting to listen to." She confesses. "It sounds like any girl." 

"No, it does not. Especially when you orgasm, it sounds so-"

"OK! I get it, you like my voice. Get some sleep, Andreas."

"But I don't want to-"

"Sleep, Andreas. Be thinking about how you're going to show me that you love me. Bye." Then she hangs up the phone and I'm left on the bed, body weak and my mind running amuck.

Fucking Elizabeth.