V

Rory snuggled more into Demi's chest while Demi stood on the porch, watching Wilmer pack his bags into the trunk of their car. Its been a week since Wilmer's last work trip and he was already leaving again. The morning breezing caused Demi to shake. Demi adjusted the blanket around Rory to make sure she wasn't as cold as Demi. Despite the cold air, Rory remained fast asleep in Demi's arms, having no idea that her father was leaving. After Wilmer had all his bags in the trunk, he walked back to Demi who was standing on the porch.

"How long will you be gone this time?" Wilmer stood a step down from Demi so they were at an equal height. Demi cupped his face with her free hand.

"I'll be in Florida for a few days then I go to Vancouver for a week." Wilmer took a step up and cupped Demi's face, bringing them in for a kiss. Ever since the new baby comment, Wilmer has been very affectionate.

After a beat, Wilmer broke the kiss and gave Rory a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you soon, nena. I love you."

"I love you too."

With a sigh, Wilmer walked back to the car. Soon he was out of the drive way and on his way to the airport. Demi walked back into their empty house, with Batman right behind them. She couldn't be bothered taking Rory back upstairs and to her bed so Demi decided to lay on the couch and snuggle with her.

Another day where Demi was alone in their Beverly Hills mansion. Even with a dog and a two year old, they still felt alone. With the amount of times Wilmer went away on "business trips" Demi could be considered a single mother.
Honestly, Demi could never tell if Wilmer was lying about his work trips. He's lied before, and Demi wouldn't be surprised if he did it again. But the thing was, Demi didn't care. Maybe that's why Wilmer cheated on her a few years ago, but Demi was just so tired of the yelling and arguing that came with it. Demi just wanted be enough for somebody, anybody.

When I'm away from you,
I'm happier than ever

Demi didn't mind being away from Wilmer, it was nice. She knew she shouldn't think that way of her own husband but it was true. The things Wilmer said and did to Demi couldn't ever be forgiven. Demi didn't hold grudges but a part of her felt broken when looking at Wilmer. The part of her that he destroyed and stepped all over. Some things could never be forgiven.

J
I miss you, beautiful. Do I get to see you soon? 😉

As if on cue, Jesse's texts interrupted Demi's thoughts. Demi tried not to smile at Jesse's text and failed horribly. She shouldn't be smiling at a text from another man like this. The thing that mattered most was, Jesse always made an effort, something that Wilmer didn't do.

Demi sent him a quick text back saying that Wilmer was gone. Two seconds later, their phone was ringing with an incoming FaceTime call from Jesse. Looking down at Rory who was still sleeping peacefully on Demi's chest, they decided to answer it.

"Hello beautiful." Jesse cooed once their phones connected. Demi put on a smile that didn't quite reach their eyes. Jesse caught their facial expression and noticed Demi's bad mood. "What's wrong?"

Demi shook their head. "There's just a lot of my mind right now." Ever since Wilmer brought up having a baby, Demi could not stop thinking about it— about everything. The question made Demi think about their entire marriage and if they wanted to go through that again. Rory was the best thing that happened to Demi but that time in her life left them in pieces.

"Talk to me." Jesse stated. Rory stirred against Demi. It was still very early in the morning and if Rory didn't get a full night of sleep, she would grumpy all day. Demi gently moved Rory off of their chest, placing her on the couch and moving to the kitchen so they could talk to Jesse.

Demi told Jesse everything. Sometimes Demi would try to stop their words but it just kept coming. There was something about talking to Jesse that just made it so easy. Demi knew they could trust him.

At times, Demi would find themselves daydreaming of a life with Jesse. If she had met him instead of Wilmer six years ago. They thought about how different things would be. Demi felt guilty as their feelings ate them alive. Demi married Wilmer, he was the one she was supposed to be with for the rest of time. Yet they still fantasized about being with Jesse.

Wish I could explain it better
I wish it wasn't true
Give me a day or two

An hour and a half later, Demi was still on the phone with Jesse. They were no longer talking about Wilmer and their broken marriage, just enjoying each other's company. Demi was also making breakfast in the midst of talking to Jesse.

"Mommy?" Demi heard coming from the living room. Glancing at the clock, it was a quarter till nine. Hopefully Rory had gotten more than enough sleep and she wouldn't be fussy for the rest of the day.

"Rory is awake, I have to go." Demi said, turning the oven off and putting the eggs that they just made to the side.

"Alright. Do I get to see you tonight?" Jesse questioned. Jesse was flirting and Demi knew it.

"Maybe." Demi teased. "Bye Jesse."

Ending the phone call, Demi made their way to the living room. A bright smile grew on their face when Demi saw Rory. Rory was wrapped in the fuzzy white blanket that Demi had left her in with slight bed head.

Rory was the perfect mix of Demi and Wilmer. From dimples that she got from Demi to her natural tan complexion from Wilmer, she was perfect. Demi had truly given birth to the cutest kid ever.

"How did you sleep, muffin?" Demi kissed their toddler on her forehead.

"Where's daddy?" Rory asked, rubbing her eyes.

"He had to go to work." Rory's face dropped. Considering Rory was only two, she didn't have a sense of time so it would feel like Wilmer was gone for decades. "But you get to spend the whole day with Mommy!"

Demi attempted to cheer her up and it worked. Rory loved her daddy but ultimately, she was a mommy's girl. Demi was the one she looked up to and wanted to be like when she grew up. Demi got up from the couch and snapped a picture of Rory because she was just too cute. Demi posted the picture to instagram then grabbed Rory so they could eat breakfast together.

ddlovato: pov: you wake up and find out you get to spend the day with Mommy (Isn't she just the cutest?! 😫😍)Liked by arianagrande, haileybeiber, and 2,496,307 othershaileybeiber: Ugh, my heart is melting! 🥹diannadelagarza: Oh my baby! Come visi...

Liked by arianagrande, haileybeiber, and 2,496,307 others
haileybeiber: Ugh, my heart is melting! 🥹
diannadelagarza: Oh my baby! Come visit soon! ❤️