II

Demi entered the gate code and began to drive up their driveway with their almost 3 year old daughter in the backseat, blabbing about what she did at her grandma's house last night. Demi felt content. Thinking about the memories from last night made them smile. And knowing that they wouldn't have to worry about their husband for another week made their smile grow even more.

The grin on their face soon turned into a grimace as they entered their garage. Demi pulled in next to the matte black Mercedes, that wasn't there when they left, which meant one thing, Wilmer was home. Demi mentally prepared themselves as they took out Rory out of her car seat. Walking through the garage entrance door to the kitchen. Batman came running from the living room to nip and jump at their feet as they set Rory down.

"Daddy!" Rory yelled running up to Wilmer as he turned the corner. Wilmer scooped her up and planted kisses all across her face, at least someone was excited to see him.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch me?" Wilmer asked. Demi's breath got caught in her throat as she got deja vú from last night. Demi brushed it off and slowly walked up to Wilmer. She didn't want him to be home. It was supposed to be her and Rory —and occasional night visits to Jesse— for the next week.

"I thought you don't come home for another week." Demi asked. Wilmer went in to peck her lips but Demi swerved her head so he kissed her cheek instead. It didn't phase Wilmer though, it was something Demi had been doing for a while now.

"I got to come home early. Is that such a crime?" Wilmer said, knowing that a smart remark would make Demi mad. Not wanting to start an argument in front of Rory, Demi simply nodded their head and walked away.

Rory climbed out of Wilmers arms and ran to her playroom down the hall. Wilmer came up behind Demi, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Did you not miss me, nena?" Wilmer whispered in her ear. Demi felt no emotion towards the pet name anymore. Before, it would give her butterflies and make her heart do backflips. But now, there was nothing. Just an empty space of where that love used to be.

"I never said I don't miss you, I was just shocked to see you at home so soon." Demi said turning around in his arms and forcing a smile on their face. Wilmer pulled in for another kiss, this time she let him. Once again, Demi felt nothing. She didn't want to go back in for another kiss, she didn't even want to be in his arms.

"Let's go out tonight, just me and you." Wilmer suggested. Demi didn't want to be out with him. She wanted to be out with Jesse. To be on his arms as paparazzi takes photos of them, not Wilmer.

"But what about Rory? It's too late to find a sitter." Demi said hoping that Wilmer would take the hint and drop the subject. Demi didn't want to say no to him, she wasn't a complete monster. Even after the things that they did to each other, Demi still cared about his emotions.

"Madison can watch her. Come on, we haven't been out in forever." There was a reason for why they never went out, not just having to find someone to watch Rory. Every single date night they had, Wilmer always had to flirt with every girl, except for Demi. And when she would bring it up, he would blame it on him being drunk, even when he barely had anything to drink. "Please?" Wilmer pleaded while bringing his hand up and down Demi's waist, something that used to turn her on.

"Fine. I'll have Madison come over and watch Rory." Demi gave in. She had no other excuses to make. Wilmer smiled and brought his hand down to her ass, giving it a light squeeze. He went in for another kiss but Demi pulled them apart as they heard the tiny feet running down the hallway.

"Mommy, I gotta go potty!" Rory complained doing her potty dance. Demi had began potty training many months ago, and Rory still didn't get the concept. She couldn't understand why she can't keep her diaper on.