05. the future heir

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 !
THE FUTURE HEIR

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 !THE FUTURE HEIR

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖

"BUT WHY AMAIRA?" DEEPA HEDGE, THE FEMALE INTERVIEWER, ARCHED HER EYEBROW IN QUESTION. "You mentioned about the bone deep hatred Amaira and Suryavardhan held for each other. Then why is it that Amaira is being targeted even though she has no role to play in the future change of power in K.G.F after Suryavardhan's death?"

"And with what I have learned about the girl so far, I presume she had no intention of taking over her father's empire either. Then why?" The journalist asks, leaning closer and staring intently at the old man, the writer of El-Dorado, Anand Ingalagi, who smiles in amusement.

"Why do you think that she doesn't play a role in the power shuffle of K.G.F?" Anand Ingalagi retorts, his aged eyes shimmering with mirth. "In fact, I would say it's quite the opposite."

━━━━━━━

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟖 ( november. )

Suryavardhan laid in his bed, staring at his subordinates and son with a prominent frown. He bitterly thought about the empire he built from scratch and his pathetic life which was barely holding onto a fragile thread. He had grown to such heights that no one could touch him but the day he fell, the shouts of his heirs echoed.

He was aware of every malicious, avaricious subordinates of his, who were now eyeing his throne. For the first time in K.G.F, shouts of mutiny were heard and for the first time in his short miserable life, he felt real fear course through him. He feared the future of K.G.F, he feared for himself. Suryavardhan was vulnerable as he laid helplessly on the bed half paralyzed.

"You have built this kingdom with a lot of efforts." Gurupandian, the president of the in-government DYSS party and one of his most trusted subordinate spoke up beside him.

Suryavardhan closed his eyes momentarily and let out a deep sigh before he looked around the room and swallowed the ironical chuckle threatening to escape his lips. It's time. He had to choose his heir, the next person to claim the throne.

But the tense silence in the room was suddenly broken by the deafening sound of a helicopter's arrival. The occupants in the room looked up at the sound and glanced at each other with confused but alarmed expressions. Garuda peered out of the nearby window and blankly stared at the group of men in black standing before the chopper in two uniform lines while a few stood right in front of the landing helicopter with a protective stance.

Taking another glance at the scene outside, he looked away and sent his father a curt nod, "It's her." He informed before walking out of the room with hasty steps.