03. the drunk confession

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 !
THE DRUNK CONFESSION

"I TAKE BACK MY WORDS, I DON'T THINK  I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU

"I TAKE BACK MY WORDS, I DON'T THINK  I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU." ROCKY BEGAN, A SLIGHT SLUR TO HIS WORDS AND A CLEAR INDICATION OF HIS  intoxicated state. "I am definitely in love with you." He finished, now standing right before her with a lovesick smile.

Amaira blinked, her lips parting in disbelief as she stared at the long-haired hero, flabbergasted. "What is going on here?" Reena finally decided to interrupt the staring contest between them, her hands crossed over her chest while she glared at the pair for ruining her party but inwardly she was cursing the brutish man for staring at her best friend like a piece of candy.

It was as if a switch was flipped at her words making Amaira snap out of her daze and hurriedly step back from the male protagonist. The girl abruptly yanked his collar and turned him around to face the girl dressed in gold and cheerfully replied, "I think he got the wrong girl. He is all yours."

Amaira had hoped that the hero would acknowledge her words, already imagining him saying, 'congratulations, I love you!' to the female lead but contrary to her expectations, Rocky immediately faced her again and frowned, "I am drunk," He began, Amaira nodding her head, furiously. "But not that drunk to mistake the girl I fell in love with since the second I laid my eyes on her, sweetheart." He finished, running his hand through his slick long hair.

And it happened seventeen years ago.

The noriette's jaw slackened, slowly pointing a trembling finger towards her as if asking 'me?' to which he nodded looking pleased that he finally got his point across. "I think we got the wrong script here." Amaira mumbled, incoherently before loudly questioning the male protagonist, "Do I know you?" The grey-eyed beauty snorted and looked at him with condescending eyes hoping to look a little confident.

The long-haired man was barely able to cover up the wince at her words, his head pounding not only due to the amount of alcohol but also because of her words, their childhood memories flashing before his eyes. Although the time they spent with each other was short, it was meaningful and he cherished each memory of hers, he had sworn to never forget the sweet girl who was there beside him at his weakest, protecting him with her small body when his father tried to-

"Hello?" He snapped out of his thoughts, his glassy eyes startling the petite girl who immediately panicked and almost apologized, 'Oh my, I didn't think I was that rude for him to tear up.' She immediately softened and cleared her throat to comfort him, she had no clue why but it irked her to see him that vulnerable. Amaira had seen only a flash of his emotions yet it made her feel terrible but before she could say something, the protagonist was quick to cover up his emotions and flashed his infamous smirk.