37| Christmas Bauble

Leo's birthday ended up being a full success. Lana and Sean even made some new friends, since the parents of were pretty nice and funny people. Not too overprotective but still careful and mindful of their kids and their behavior, which was something you didn't find often these days. Unfortunately a lot of parents are tempted to be too involved in their child's actions, not giving them the free space they need. 

Surely they had one crying boy at the party but after a slice of cake, the incident was forgotten and far away drowned in other thoughts. It was a blast seeing Leo and his friends running around the soft play like all the other crazy children there. Even Flynn found someone his age to play with, whilst Amé had been totally overwhelmed in the baby area, crawling and climbing everywhere she could. 

After that day they all had a good lay-in, even if the definition of 'lay in' in the Maguire-Parrilla house was more like an 8:00 am wake-up call for Sean and Lana. At least one hour longer than usual. 

So here they were. On the 17th of December, trying to figure out how to decorate the rooms for Christmas. They knew that they were extremely late for that but better later than never, right? 

"Is it okay that Lola is catching a Christmas bauble?", Leo asked curiously yelling, watching the old dog running around with a golden bauble through the living room. But since Sean and Lana were upstairs right now they couldn't really hear him, so Leo just decided to scream even louder. 

"LOLA IS PLAYING WITH A CHRISTMAS BAUBLE, THAT'S OKAY?", he shouted and made the dog jump out of surprise, which caused Lola to break her new toy. She winced, looking down at the former ball likely bauble that was shattered into pieces. 

"No… could you take it from her, please?", Lana yelled back from upstairs, making Leo look at Lola, before looking back to the staircase. 

"Well… no… not anymore.", the kid said with a shrug of his shoulders, thinking about what to tell Lana. 

"What do you mean? Why no?", the woman asked, coming down the stairs to check on both of them. 

"She actually just broke it.", Leo said with an apologetic look on his face. "But don't be mad at her, okay? I can fix this.", he answered fastly to protect his dearest friend. "I will glue it together.", the boy informed her. 

"No!", Lana called out fastly, holding him back. "No worries. We'll get rid of it. I don't want you to cut yourself. I didn't even know we had some made of glass. They are quite unsafe for children I have to admit. And for Lola too. Come on Lols, go away from the splitters.", she called out before picking up the pieces. "Don't go here for a second, Leo. I need to get the vacuum to clean it up properly.", she told him before heading out. 

The term 'vacuum' made Leo laugh again, trying to get his mind around what it actually was. "Oh, you mean hoover! You're hoovering, Lana.", he laughed. 

"Stop laughing at me!", she said followed by a giggle. "I need a proper British English lesson, I can tell you. So now I am going to HOOVER.", she announced in laughter before actually eliminating all the tiny pieces of glass. 

She checked out Lola's paws as well just in case but she was completely fine. 

"Once I am down here, let's make some hot chocolate. I am craving that today, do you wanna help me?", Lana asked. 

"Yes!", Leo grinned, jumping into the kitchen but just before they wanted to start, Sean was calling out for Lana from upstairs. 

"Lana? Your mum is calling.", he said, waiting for her reaction. 

"Well take it otherwise she is going to be mad at me for being late. I want my hot chocolate first.", she yelled back. Her priorities are set. 

"I cannot just answer your phone. My hands are not even free. I am trying to get those posters on the wall right now.", Sean said. "Forget about your cocoa for a minute, darling.", he laughed.