16| Hidden Thoughts

They made their way back to Sean's house eventually, where the blond-haired man put Amélie to bed immediately after arrival. Lana had followed right behind them, parking her car beside Sean's. It has almost become a habit already. The park really tired everybody out, especially Leo and Flynn who tried to argue against the fact that their eyes were getting heavy. Instead of taking a nap, they all watched the promised movie to have a rest, whilst Leo couldn't resist the urge to close his eyes anymore.

"Naw. He was tired after all.", Lana said, whilst smiling down at the little boy. Sean just nodded knowingly, before moving him slightly that the sun wouldn't be directly shining in his face.

"It's hot with the sun now.", Flynn complained, looking outside the huge glass front of the house, where the sun was shining through. "I am going to put a T-shirt on.", he decided before walking up to his room. He looked through his wardrobe, pulled several shirts out but didn't really find anything in the end, so he ran back down to Lana and Sean, who moved to the kitchen to talk since they wanted Leo to rest.

"I don't have any more shirts, dad. They are all too small or in the wash.", Flynn said, devastated because he really liked some of the ones that appeared to be too small now.

Sean sighed because he knew that he needed to go shopping, a task he actually hated. Every time Tanya had dragged him to a mall it ended up with Sean imitating other customers for fun to not begin to scream out of annoyance. Shopping was nothing but exhausting. The kids were running free, asking every ten minutes for food, toys or a toilet, which was never easy to find. Following the arrows and signs through the whole mall felt like playing hide and seek, which wasn't funny at all with a toddler that only tells you 30 seconds in advance that he had to use the toilet. Apart from that, he hated how crowded it always was. Whenever he was able to find a spot with no one around, people just appeared out of nowhere and needed to pass him. Not to mention that the kids are old enough now to have their own opinion on choosing some of their outfits. It took ages, which he hated. That's why his wardrobe is pretty consistent with a huge variety of basic shirts that looked mostly the same in the end. Or his typical Hawaii pattern.

"Yeah... I know... I need to go shopping. For your sister as well. She just skipped a few sizes, now I am running low.", Sean sighed, not happy about the fact that it was necessary to go.

"We could go to a mall this afternoon.", Lana said happily. Looking for kid's clothes was fun she thought because it's always the cutest and she never really got to buy some in the past.

"Let's do it tomorrow... I don't want to ruin our beautiful park day. I mean... if you have the time of course. Otherwise, I will have to go on my own I guess.", Sean sighed, really not enjoying the thought of going to a mall at all.

"Tomorrow works. We could go first thing in the morning. Fewer people, less stress.", Lana answered and got herself a sheet of paper and a pen.

"What are you doing?", Sean grinned at her enthusiasm when she started to write down something he couldn't read since it was upside down from his point of view.

"A shopping list. Like that we won't forget anything...", Lana answered with a chuckle. She saw immediately that Sean was already pissed off with the whole shopping part even if he tried to hide it since it was necessary.

"Alright. Flynn and I will go through his clothing to see which are still fitting and what we need to replace. I will do the same with Leo afterward and then Amélie.", Lana said with a voice full of joy.

"Sounds absolutely lovely.", Sean mumbled sarcastically but decided to help them with sorting since they were his kids and it was normally his responsibility. To be honest, it ended kind of in a disaster since clothes were lying all over the rooms, but at least they did have fun. Lana put on some music in between, starting to dance through the whole process of sorting, which even brought back Flynn's good mood. When Leo and Amélie woke up they joined the party they had, dancing through the rooms, before setting to play when Sean and Lana dedicated their time to Amélies closet. Right when Lana was about to grab Sean's hand to have a little dance, she froze and looked with her mouth open behind him.