9| Unknown Love

"What about the one you had a crush on? The woman from Set?", Lana asked curiously, waiting excitedly for an answer. 
---------------------------------------------------------

"Ehh… well...at the time Tanya convinced me to tell her, she already had a boyfriend. I think she is not seeing anyone right now, but that isn't the right time to tell her. Not after everything that had happened.", He answered, trying to avoid to look Lana in the eyes. If he would look up now, she probably would figure it out because she is quite a smart and observing person. 

"So what about you, Ms. Parrilla? The guys must probably line up in front of your door, am I right?", he said before Lana had even the slightest chance to say something and tried to hide the fact that the answer might hurt him. To his surprise, Lanas face actually turned red a little before she looked at a corner of the room. 

"Ehm… well… actually I am not really letting anyone in my life right now. I have so many friends that I want to care more about and projects that are coming up in the next couple of months… I think I am just gonna be on my own forever. I mean there are people in my surroundings that I think are very attractive, but I don't believe that there will be more than friendship ever. It's like you and me. You know. It would be weird if we would develop feelings for each other because we literally have been friends for such a long time, right?", Lana asked, trying to look into Sean's eyes. Her words were a hard slap into his face, why he was stunned for a few seconds before being able to answer. 

"Right", Sean cleared his throat, looking back at the pictures in his hands. That was it, the confirmation that he shouldn't risk his friendship with Lana because she would never feel the same way. All the encouragement from this morning to tell her eventually was gone, vanished. 

He didn't even notice how Lana turned her head down since she actually hoped for a different reaction. She thought Sean would disagree with her comment, saying that it wouldn't be weird but maybe it was for the better like that because the fact of her being busy wasn't a lie. She just didn't tell the whole truth about letting people in, because since spending the last days at Sean's house it got harder and harder to bury her feelings for that handsome man, feelings she had abandoned years ago. 

All of a sudden their eyes met, ocean blue connected with chocolate brown, which was shining in a whiskey color since the sun was hitting Lanas face in a way that made her look even more perfect to Sean. He couldn't help but smile when their eyes locked in a way none of them could escape, like they were drifting to a different universe. Sean opened his mouth, in an attempt to say something but the words got stuck in his throat, not able to come out. Lana retorted his grinning, which made her eyes light up with a curiosity for the situation. 

Neither of them even heard Lana's phone ringing next to them but unfortunately, Amélie started to cry only a few seconds later, making them break apart. Without hesitation, Lana grabbed her phone and went to another room to speak freely, whilst Sean was taking care of the baby girl. 

"I am so sorry I have to get Lola now. My friend got an unplanned appointment this afternoon.", Lana explained when she entered minutes later. "Ehm… I will go back to my house. I have some stuff to do and it probably needs some cleaning and caring since I wasn't really there for a week." Lana said fast, trying to keep it quick to escape the awkward situation since her thoughts were all over the place, spinning in her head.

"Yeah sure, no worries. Thanks for today.", Sean said and walked up to her smiling with Amélie in his arms. Their eyes met again, making both unable to move. They were lost in their thoughts, trying to sort the words they wanted to say so badly. Lana wanted to come back in the evening but didn't know if Sean would appreciate having her around for most of the day. Since she spent so many hours in his house for the past week she wasn't sure if she should just leave him his space for a bit. On the other hand, Sean was hesitating to ask if he would see her again today because he knew that Lana left all her work to help him with the kids. In the end, he decided to not set her under pressure, letting her go without asking if she would return.