13 - Love, Deception And Betrayal [FINAL]

Start from the beginning

"For example?"

The obese man slid over in his direction. 

"Interested?"

"Don't stand so close, you creep."

"Ahaha. Al Mycóta the Devil. Fine then, I'll tell you."

The gentleman puffed out his chest, looking very important-like, spun his walking stick, and pontificated.

"A slave!"

"A slave?"

"Yes, a slave. Slaves are under a powerful curse. If they contradict or betray their masters, they must pay with their very lives."

"Hmmm..."

Now the story was getting interesting for Rassieur.

If they disobey, they die. In some ways, that was exactly what he was looking for: someone who wouldn't suck his mana tremendously to use sorcery from them, and someone that didn't have the opportunity to betray him.

After all, he uses his imp familiars to cast powerful sorcery spells and he ordered them to sleep so he can regenerate mana over time.

And a strong slave will do most of his jobs without expending too much on sorcery. He did think to buy some for his familiars to consume but it would take huge sum of his money.

"What do you think?"

"I'll hear you out."

He smiled.

"Right this way, sir."

The obese man led Rassieur down a back alley, and pretty soon Rasseiur noticed an alarming number of scruffy, dangerous-looking people.

The air was filled with aggressive shouts and the sound of fragile things breaking. More than anything, it smelled terrible.

This world had a bad side too.

It was sometime around noon, but there was no light where they were. They turned a corner, and there, at the end of the alley, was something like a circus tent.

"Right this way, sir."

"Uh-huh..."

The slave trader walked with a creepy air about him. It was something like skipping, but he spent more time in the air. He led his customer towards the tent and pulled back the flap.

"Let's get this out of the way upfront. If you're tricking me..."

"Ah, yes... your destroying towns are quite infamous around this country. You'll cause a ruckus and then run off, eh?"

There was a metallic clank, and then a very heavy-looking door swung open.

"Woah..."

The interior was dim, and the smell of rot hung faintly in the air. Rassieur also smelled animals. It didn't seem to be a very nice place.

There were several cages in the room, and human-like shapes moved within them.

"Now then, this one, right over here, I can recommend very highly to you."

Rassieur moved closer to the cage he indicated and looked inside.

"YUCK!"
"So dirty!"

Inside was something covered in thick hair, with sharp fangs and claws. To sum it up simply, it looked something like a werewolf, and it was howling just like you'd imagine.

"It is a beast-man. Here, we consider them, in most respects, people."

"A beast-man? I don't want garbage"