Welcome & Intro

Hi everyone :)

This piece was born out of my love for Star Trek Deep Space Nine and its "bad guys", Cardassians.

DS9 is kinda old news (30 yrs old), but Star Trek is still a very popular fandom, getting new and new series and all, and the topics I wrote about in this novel are timeless. If you're not a fan who knows all the lore and every in and out of a Cardassian space station, don't worry. I busted my behind to include extensive footnotes explaining all things. And if I missed any and you need more data, I will happily be of service to you in the comments :).

This is my very first full, completed novel in English. I'm almost confident I did a good job, but you may encounter some errors and nonsense, which you are welcome to help me fix. There are also 3 (edit: 4 now ;]) explicitly described sex scenes - and 3 of them were my very first written and very first published. I feel quite exposed and vulnerable putting this thing out there for everyone to read :D. But I hope I managed quite alright and you'll have fun :).

...

As I wrote, I only loved Cardassians more and more. I'm sure you'll feel it in the text. I'm one of those people who dislike black&white vision of the world, so to me, Cardassians are extremely interesting and appealing. They are actually very similar to us humans - same flaws, same virtues. They're relatable. So falling in love with them? Not so hard :).

But also...

Who doesn't love aliens?

(Wait, what? You don't?! Impossible. Stop talking nonsense and get to reading.)

And Cardassians... Are. Gorgeous.

At least the males are - which is kinda why the main character was Bajoran from the very first spark of this story idea

At least the males are - which is kinda why the main character was Bajoran from the very first spark of this story idea. I'm sure I could make the effort and reinvent my perfect version of Cardassian females, at least in my mind (I suck at drawing, yet I keep trying and failing), but this fact actually gave me all the most interesting features of the heroine's fate.

 I'm sure I could make the effort and reinvent my perfect version of Cardassian females, at least in my mind (I suck at drawing, yet I keep trying and failing), but this fact actually gave me all the most interesting features of the heroine's fate

And also a way to show just how good Cardassians can be when they want to.

I've "rewritten" the most underdog moment of known Cardassian history - the rebellion. There's a lot of bad things they'd done - especially to other species they considered inferior and therefore ripe for conquest - but this was the part where they started turning things around. Rethinking their approach, their actions, their values, finally feeling remorse for what they'd been doing. I took this moment as their chance to really change, to make things right, to continue along a friendlier path.

Most things stayed as they were, I was not aiming to change history too much. The only major detail will be revealed at the end and I'm sure you'll understand why by the time you get there :D. What I did was weave my character into the existing storyline, giving one of my dearest DS9 characters a reason to fight. Patriotism is nice and all, but when everything fails you, what else is there to keep you going? Love. And I always appreciate a good love story.

I'm confident that that's what I delivered, despite many flaws that may have occurred in the gravy around it. Of course now would be the time to finally shut up and let you get to it xD.

Enjoy, my lovelies, and if you do, please leave behind some love as well (votes on chapters, comments, shares). I will be eternaly grateful ♥

Your Xindi Chick

...

Also published on the Archiveofourown.org (use the "external link" below).

org (use the "external link" below)