3. Body heat

She astonished him by choosing to bunk in his bed.

"I don't feel like being alone tonight," she said coyly. "It's a big house full of strangers and I'm a little scared. Please don't take it as an invitation, I... I'm still not quite there. Let's just keep each other company, so we both have backup when we're warding off bad dreams."

She was afraid he would be angry with her, but he just gave her an evaluating look and simply nodded. Then he left the room, so she could change into a nightgown she had replicated. It was nothing more than a long shirt, as the replicator for some reason was not programmed with a recipe for a cute negligee, but it would serve her just as well. Perhaps it was for the best that it was not silky, lacy and feminine -- less likely to encourage Dukat to get handsy in the middle of the night.

Nyran felt a lot more relaxed around him now. He was a strong and ruthless leader and those were qualities that both intimidated her and made her underwear wet, but over the course of the day, she had been introduced to whole new sides of him. The warmth, the passion, the playfulness. She had the privilege of meeting Skrain Dukat, the person beneath his title and power. And she liked him.

She took a quick shower in the impressive bathroom and when she was comfortably bundled up under the covers, she called out to let him know he could come in. She half expected him to be prepared for bed already, but he appeared still wearing the nanotech bodysuit. Her heart started racing when she realized he wanted her to see him get undressed.

The way Dukat pierced her eyes with his intense stare, when he slipped out of the bodysuit and his underwear, sent hot shivers down her spine. There was no force powerful enough to stop her gaze from sliding down his body to what was beyond all doubt his manhood. That was definitely new. It looked a bit like a tail, covered in tiny soft scales, and it moved like a snake tasting the air, as if it was trying to get closer to her1. Nyran had stumbled upon pictures of it in textbooks and on the holonet, but seeing it in reality was something else entirely.

The triumphant smile that appeared on his face when she was finally able to tear her eyes from his groin made her cheeks burn fiercely. He must have wanted her to see what she was missing out on. Then, thankfully, he headed to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for bed. Nyran let out the breath she was holding and scolded herself for being so obvious.

No more staring, she promised herself. Hopefully he would return fully dressed and there would be no issue, but somehow she doubted that. If he was comfortable completely undressing before her eyes, there was no telling just how much clothing he planned on having in bed. Before she could decide what to do, he was back. Plain shorts were covering the most critical areas of his body, but the rest was exposed and she could not tear her eyes away from him.

He was not a bulky man, but the lean curves of his sinewy muscles were in all the right places under the partially scaly skin. Both the hard bony and the smooth soft scales were like frosting on a cake -- a decoration to make him even more beautiful, serving little purpose otherwise. She could not wait to get her hands on him, so she could at least imagine how they would feel against her loins.

Dukat slipped under the covers. This time he at least managed not to shoot devious smiles her way, expression carefully neutral. Nyran knew at that moment that he would give her the time she needed. She felt safe.

So when he gingerly reached for her hand, she cuddled on his chest instead, stroking the sparse scales and his skin. Even the bony ones felt quite smooth, like warm river stones, but the ones on his hips were still bound to create some chafing against the sensitive skin of her inner thighs. It would not be his first time, though, so he probably knew what to do.