Chapter Twenty Five

Tiffany had no idea where she was. Her eyes took in the powder blue walls of the room. The blanket that was over her was the same shade of blue as the walls. Then she realized that she was in a hospital bed.

Her tongue felt thick inside her bitter mouth. It seemed like she hadn't brushed teeth in days. For how long had she been here? Why was she in a hospital.

She tried to get up but her arms were tied to the side railings of the new. What on earth?

"Someone help! Anyone! Please help me!"

No response.

"Help! Someone help me!"

Why was no one coming to her assistance?

Why was this place so eerily quiet? Was she alone? Oh no!

"Please help me! Please! Please! Help me!"

This continued for ten minutes and still no one answered or even just came to talk to her. Tiffany felt so alone. It had to be a nightmare?

Maybe if she pulled harder on the handcuffs she would wake up. Still nothing worked. The nightmare did not end.

At this point she would do anything for company. She looked around for her phone. It was not on either of the two bedside cabinets.

She wanted to cry but she had always told herself that she was a strong woman. Being tied up in an empty hospital would not scare her. She survived far worse.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Excuse me for asking but, why do you look so happy, huh?"

Aïda and Zoë were sitting at a table in Tuis Kombuis. Somewhere in the back where Aïda could keep a watchful eye on both the staff and customers. The two of them were having brunch. Zoë was a couple of hours away from boarding a flight to Johannesburg.

Zoë was right though, Aïda was in seventh heaven. She tried to act all nonchalant.

"Ag (Oh) you know business is doing great. I can't believe that the new and improved Tuis Kombuis is almost done. Erm...it's so exciting."
"Tell me something I don't know."

Why does Zoë have to be such a keen observer?

"Tell me, why is your Monday not blue? I know that you love your career but, I know the truth. So, you might as well come clean."

Aïda looked at her bestie. What truth was Zoë refering to: Saturday's events or about her and Aden?

"Yes, I know 're truth. You've finally admitted it to yourself, you're inlove. With Mark."
"What?"
"Yes and don't even try to hide it. Anyone with eyes can see how inlove you are. You've even been singing all morning in front of all the kitchen staff. It certainly was not worship music you were singing. So, just admit it."
"I won't admit to anything. Besides, I'm not inlove with Mark. He's not even my type."
"Oh! So, you do have a type."
"Whatever! I'm not inlove win him. Plus, he has a girlfriend. A blue blooded one at that. Come on, Zoë, the man rubs shoulders with British arrastrocates. The only relation we have is that if business partners."

Zoë frowned deeply.

"I don't want to hear you say things like that again, Zoë."
"I don't understand you, Aïda. The man has a girlfriend, not a wife. He is still single as far as I'm concerned."
"Well, then you can embarrass yourself by going after him but I won't. By the way, you should get going, otherwise you'll miss your flight."
"I see, now you're chasing me away. Won't you even miss me?"