Chapter Sixteen

Aden burned with jealousy watching the interaction between Aïda and the stranger. It's been so long since he had seen her looking that happy. Sadly he was not the cause this time.

Aïda looked drop dead gorgeous with her big curly afro, orange lipstick, slimfit white pantsuit and nude peeptoe heels. Even without her infectious laughter all eyes would have been on her. The dude next to her was dressed in a white t-shirt and dark blue jeans. They seemed very cosy with each other.

"Finally, now we can stop worrying about her. Clearly she's fine." Adriaan breathed a sigh of relief after speaking.
"You were the only one that was worried." Tiffany retorted in a bored tone.
"That's not very nice of you, Tiffany." Johanie scolded.
"I spoke no lies." Tiffany snorted.
"I'm happy to see that she's okay." Johanie said.
"She's more than okay with that hunk of a man beside her." Tiffany admitted.
"You're right - he is hot. Some women are so lucky." Johanie affirmed.

Adriaan looked at his side, his mouth agape.

The two women giggled.

"I'm right in front of you, woman!" Adriaan feigned a broken heart.

Adriaan cleared his throat in order to get his friend's attention but, Aden was engrossed in Aïda and the blond man's actions. The pair went into Aïda' s office.

"Aden!" Adriaan called.
Aden looked confused for a moment, "Hmm?"
"Are you okay?" Adriaan inquired.

Aden still looked like a lost puppy.

"Aden?" Adriaan probed.
"I'm...I'm fine." Aden answered.
"Where were you lost, buddy?"
"I'm just tired. I'm sorry."
"You would be. You haven't slept properly in weeks." Tiffany chipped in.
"She's right, Aden. You need to sleep. I think you should go and see a professional. I'm really worried about you." Adriaan said.
"Let's just finish our meal first. We can talk about this some other time." Aden said, anoyed.
"Okay." Adriaan agreed.

Fifteen minutes later Aïda and the stranger left her office and headed out of the restaurant. Aïda seemed oblivious to her surroundings.

A couple of minutes later and Aïda re-entered Tuis Kombuis alone. She smiled at a waitress and went into the kitchen area. She and Martin entered her office in deep conversation, a couple of minutes later. Aden's eyes could barely focus on anything else.

"So are you going to talk to her now or are we going to sit here all day?" Tiffany asked.
"You guys can go. I'll wait until she's done." Adriaan said.
"I think we should break the news to them now." Johanie said to Adriaan.
"Yes." Adriaan agreed.

Both Aden and Tiffany looked at them curiously.

"The news is: We're moving to Cape Town permanently. I've accepted a deal from the Western Province rugby union." Adriaan said.
"I had no idea that you were even considering a move here. " Aden said.
"I asked the club to keep everything under wraps." Adriaan beamed.
"Congratulations to you too." Aden said not sounding very excited.
"Thanks buddy." Adriaan said.
"Thanks." Johanie said as well.

Tiffany cleared her throat.

"I still don't understand what we're doing here." Tiffany repeated.
"We want Aïda to do the good for our welcoming party." Johanie said.
"Are you serious? Again?" Tiffany moaned.
"Yes, Tiffany. Actually we want to have the party here. Again." Johanie smirked.
"Fortunately I will be back in the States by then. Actually I'm leaving tomorrow." Tiffany quirped.
"I have to return to London too." Aden stated, "Life has to return to normal."

"Aïda!" Everyone followed Adriaan's gaze.

Aïda said something to Martin and sauntered to their table. Her gaze landing on Adriaan and Johanie and stayed on the two of them.