"Nice to meet you. I'm Kristina, a friend of theirs. Thanks for the brush."

"No problem and good for you for being there for Chase. I'm just stopping by before I go over to Chase's game."

"I promised him I'd watch over Luke. Well, more like I made him go home," I laughed, "I'll be watching the game on the tv here. Hopefully, sleeping beauty will get out of his coma to watch him."

"Comas are a funny thing. They can last as short as a few hours or last a long time."

"I hope it's over soon."

"Doesn't he have parents."

"I'm pretty much the only family he has. Me and now Chase."

"May I ask what happened?"

"They kicked him out. I took him in for the rest of high school and we came here for college."

"What state did you two come from?"

"South Carolina."

"Dang. So you two traveled across the country."

"And it was for the best. Luke loves Chase and Chase loves Luke."

"I suppose so."

I hand her her brush back. "Thanks for letting me use it."

"No problem. You want anything?"

"No thanks. Thanks for the offer."

"Well, I'm gonna go and visit Chase for a bit."

"Nice to meet you again."

"Take care of Luke for Chase."

I laugh. "Plan on it." She leaves. She seemed like a very nice woman. Really caring. Chase is lucky to have a mother like her.

I turn on the tv to the channel the game is supposed to be on.

Lucas came in. "How's the faggot doing?"

"Better than you're gonna be if you don't back the fuck away."

"Calm down. I'm not hear to cause trouble this time."

"You just did by calling him faggot."

"Ok, ok I'll go, yeesh," he said, nonchalantly, chuckling on the way out.

People like him piss me off so much. They don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. They are self-centered, idiotic assholes. Ugh, he makes want to punch him right where it hurts. I would love to add him to my mile long list of people I have beat the living crap out of.

After calming down, I head to the vending machine. It was very convenient that it was only 30 seconds away from the room. I grab a bag of Doritos and head back. I hear a sound I shouldn't be hearing.

-Chase-
I watch the pre-game highlights. It consists of statistics of last year, key players to watch out for, and other things.

I hear a knock on the door. "Come in. It's unlocked."

My mother walks in. I walk up and hug her. "How's my not-so-little husky doing?"

"Honestly. I'm still upset."

"Luke?"

"Yup. I'm starting to fear if he'll ever wake up."

"I met your friend when I went to visit him, thinking I'd find you. He is cute by the way."

"I don't remember ever telling you my sexual orientation."

"When you called me saying something tragic happened, and based on how you sounded on the phone, it was somebody that was close to you, like really close. And when you said him, I automatically assumed."