𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

chapter xvii , the secret history

'IF I AM GOING TO FINISH OFF WHAT I HAVE STARTED, I WILL NEED NEW ENHANCEMENTS.'

My hand glide over the bumpy surface of the dark, netherite ingot.

It was freshly collected; I ventured down to the hot terrain earlier during the week. Despite being dead for quite some time, I cannot seem to ever forget the images of the Netherworld.

The rough texture of the raw material sent goosebumps down my spine. I remember the time when I adorned a full set constructed from these tenebrific components—heavy, but I was fleet-footed all at the same time.

It felt like I was me again.

My eyes flicker open.

I inhaled sharply.

My whiff is met with a familiar smell of ancient sweat and the mixture of sweet earth and wood strolling in through my nostrils.

I am back at the base.

With my hands, I position myself first then push myself off the blanketed corner of the sleeping grounds.

       My headache was gone, but all my other senses all blurred together for a full minute.

Everyone was still downstairs; at least what I can
infer from the continuous chatter emitting from below. The orange light from outside creeps in from a small, unburied crack on the right uppermost side of the dirt entrance (looks to be around the size of an apple) told me that it is early evening.

It was around noon when I planned for my departure.

Not much time must have passed.

Then, my next question surfaced to the tip of my mind and brought upon a mass of confusion.

Who brought me back here?

Now it is two days after my collapsing. I have taken up certain measures to prevent anything like that again.

       My mission right now from two days ago however though is still my number one priority however. In case you were wondering, my personal mission is to gather a myriad of material resources to upgrade my current battle status. Everything is on the downside currently, and my warring legacy is worth caring for.

       I refuse to die, unless I know that I was in a decent enough condition to—and you get a lot of components to work with when you have participated in over ten major wars.

       It's on my degree of acceptability for my 'being murdered' scale.

       I want to be murdered gruesomely. Of course I would prefer it not to be too painful, which is reasonable. I wish to die, but only after I had earned  the right to perish with dignity.

       No one else knows this, but I feel as if my principles I set up for myself are shifting as the years pass.

       To the point where I just...

Oɴce A Wαrrιor | ᴰʳᵉᵃᵐˢᴹᴾजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें