𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 -

—————

" Are you sure you want to play this game?  Because if it's a fight you want, I'll give you a war

" Are you sure you want to play this game?  Because if it's a fight you want, I'll give you a war. "

—————

       "YOU. ARE. AN. IDIOT!"

       My eyes lowered at him from. Tommy appeared on the verge of tearing his head clean off.  My back faced him as I advanced further inside.

I made the deal with Dream.

       Tommy held his head, fingers digging into his dirtied blond hair.

His attire for the revolution appears more and more worn out with every glance into a reflective surface.  "Y/N—why would you just hand yourself over to that bastard like that?!"

"So we have a chance." I reply,

"Do you not have any faith in us?!" he hollered.

"Faith is subjective."

Wilbur and the rest are outside the Camarvan. I imagine them thinking over this entire thing: Wilbur with a hand on his chin and pacing back and forth; Fundy having to talk with Niki to cope; Tubbo trying to drift his mind to other matters.

And Eret.

Eret better be regretting that he ever fucked us up.

       "Dream wanted me to join DreamSMP," I clarify. My hand runs along the counter. I need something to ground me in our position.  It is cold to the touch.

Tommy quickly enters the room after me, trailing behind slowly. "so when I said no, I knew he was angry. Dream would rather kill me than accept rejection. This agreement can buy you all some time to grind for resources and make up the loss from the explosions and the betrayal."

       "I could have shot Dream if you didn't intervene with our duel!"

       "No, Tommy. No, you would not have—" I inhaled sharply.  "Your arrow was bound to miss the moment you let go of it. I was watching. Everyone was. The trajectory was off." I spun around to face him. "You were going to die if I didn't do something."

       "But now you're going to die because of the deal you made with Dream."

       "I'm okay with that."

       "BUT I'M NOT!" Tommy slammed the counter. The shock shook the whole van and inches of the earth. "Do you ever think about anyone else but yourself?!"

       "Why else do you think I made that deal?"

       "I don't know?!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms up.  "You have a death wish?!"

       "...just," I shook my head softly, hand running through my hair.  "just go gather what you can.  I have to leave L'Manburg sometime soon or else Dream might decide to blow the place up again."

       "Yeah," he spat.  "but that thought would not have drifted through his mind again if you hadn't made that bullshit deal!"

       I loaded my crossbow with it between my legs, grip firm on the handle.

I exhibit it high in the air with my functioning left hand.

It gleamed in the rising sun. I almost laughed. The scene playing out in my head is just wondrous.

I am going to kill this bastard.

       "Do you not have any hope for me, Tommy?" I murmured.  I turned around, strapping fireworks onto the side of my pants.  Tommy raised an eyebrow at the question.  "Like...at all?"

       "...what do you mean?" he asked.

       "Why are you so insistent on Dream winning this little bout with me?" I say.  "What makes you doubt that I won't win?" My companion went dead silent, then glanced up at me with a small expression.

       "...just because you are good at combat does not mean you can just throw yourself so recklessly at the opponent." Tommy muttered under his breath.

       His facials still are not eased.

       Tommy brought me into an embrace, digging his head into the crevice of my neck.  "Please don't be a reckless idiot. Be careful out there. It is Dream you are up against.  Don't underestimate your opponents.  That's what you taught me."

       I patted his shoulder.

       "Don't worry, Tommy.  If Dream is the kingpin in this war, I might just have to get rid of him and his little bodyguards.  I negotiated this because I have something in mind." he pulled away, eyes still on me.  "We will win this war."

       "Are you positive?"

       "Dream is a fool for choosing to play on my terms." I smile.

      And he'll suffer the consequences.

—————