𝐢𝐯 - 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

chapter iv, memories of a past life

       "DO YOU NEED A HAND WITH THE POTATOES?" I asked, pulling my white sleeves up. I was in the underground of the base and in the potato farm, Pogtopia's main source—and practically only source—of food.

       I stood there, hands at my side, staring at the pig-man hybrid plant potatoes in his little makeshift straw hat Tommy insisted on him wearing even though the farm was indoors.  I was still awaiting my response to my recent question and he seems to have no problem in taking his time with it.

       "Uh........." he planted approximately five rows during that time range.  "—I'll be fine."

       "You sure?"

       "I'm sure."

       "Okay."

       I turn towards the doorway, pulling my sleeves back down—man, the underground was cold. I suppose I could continue mining. Actually, I'd rather go chop some trees.

       As I stepped out, I heard his voice behind me vocalize once more—"Can you pass me that hoe?"

So he did need a hand.

       I grasped the handle into my palm and curled my fingers to a fist. I did a 180 and sauntered back inside. I handed him the—the diamond hoe? Someone's rich.  "Here."

       "Thank you." he went straight back to work after that.  I stood staring at him for what felt like an eternity.  Nothing moved, I heard no sounds, although the exception only being him.  This annoyed me to some degree.

"So...what brought you into this war?" I asked, small hopes of making a conversation to break the iceberg the size of Antarctic between us. I ventured to the nearest crafting table that loomed by the door. Iron would suffice for an axe. I don't know why, but I have a fondness for iron. It's handy and plentiful. "Were you with L'Manburg? Collateral damage?"

       "Because I find revulsion in governments," he replied. Technoblade planted yet another three row of potatoes. "And, well, we need to get this war situated and done with."

       "I never would've pictured you as someone to farm potatoes." I stated.

       "Before I was dragged into war years ago, I was a farmer." Techno replied. Speedily, he had sent fifteen more potatoes into the ground. "My automatic potato farm is one of the biggest in the entire world. It's still running, actually."

       "Why don't you go back to your farm instead of being in this war? You said that the war you were in was years ago."

       "You don't remember the wars?" He questioned, eyebrows furrowing at just how I didn't know. I shook my head in response. Was it like, just a fact everybody was expected to know?  "The big ones ended a year and a half ago. Smaller countries are still fighting it out. I'd rather stay away from all that then be begged on or forced by other to join their side again."

       "How long were the wars?" I asked. Man...there is so much I need to recover. Hopefully this amnesia wears off. Being kept in the dark by my own brain is killing me softly.

       "It was approximately three years."

       "Did you enjoy your time in war?"