48 ❥ confrontation

Start from the beginning

"I didn't want her to leave me too." He mutters.

"What are you talking about?"

"When I found out, I was gonna tell her but...after losing my mom, I knew that if I told her, she would go looking for her dad. I was scared that if she found her dad, she would learn to love him and end up moving in with him and leave me behind." His voice breaks.

"I fucking hate my dad. Alyssa is the only thing that's kept me from losing my fucking mind. She keeps me sane. I already lost my mom...I didn't want to lose her too." He says as tears run down his face.

Oh god, now I feel bad.

"Asher-"

"She hates me, doesn't she?" He asks.

"She doesn't hate you, she just feels...betrayed," I say.

"She has every right to hate me."

"How's your dad taking this?" Jess asks.

"He was shocked. When she left, he went back to his office and locked himself in there. I heard him throwing shit all over the place and yelling. Macy was also shocked, I mean she had no words. Alyssa slapped her really hard and called her a whore. My dad was more pissed at the fact that I knew about Alyssa's dad rather than Alyssa finding out the truth."

"How did you find out?" I ask.

"I found Alyssa's real birth certificate. It had someone else's signature."

"How long have you known?"

"About 2 years."

"Look man, for now, Alyssa just wants space. So she'll be staying with Ax and me until she has figured out what she wants to do. Trust me when I tell you that she's doing fine." I explain.

"I know, I know. Thank you guys...for taking care of her."

"We didn't do it for you," Jess says.

Jeez, not one ounce of remorse from this man.

He's pissed.

"How are you doing man?" I ask.

"I feel like shit." He answers bluntly.

"You look like shit," Jesse mutters.

"Jess...shut up." I roll my eyes.

"Did she reach out to her dad yet?" He asks.

Jess and I look at each other for a sec before he nods.

"No." He answers.

What?!

"Oh."

"Dude, you need to take a shower." I blurt.

"Really Xan, that's what you're worried about?" Jesse lets out a quiet chuckle.

"Sorry. Bad timing." I mumble.

"I don't know what to do guys. I feel lost." Asher says.

"If I were you, I would start planning what you're gonna say to Alyssa. She may be mad at you but we all know she doesn't hold grudges for long." Jesse says.

"Yeah and just lay low. Take care of yourself and just be patient with her. She's in good hands." I reassure.

"Yeah, you're right, I'm gonna go. Please tell Alyssa I said hi." He says before placing a few dollars on the table to pay for his coffee and then leaves.

"I kinda feel bad for him," I mumble.

"I don't. He did this to himself and Alyssa." Jess scoffs.

"Jeez, dude, what's up your ass today? Why are you being such a prick?" I snap.