7 ❥ dress to impress

"Hey, y'all! Don't forget that this Friday is our school's infamous "Winter Wonderland Dance" and you can still get tickets at the student store for $30

"Hey, y'all! Don't forget that this Friday is our school's infamous "Winter Wonderland Dance" and you can still get tickets at the student store for $30. Remember boys...you gotta make the first move. Anyways, enjoy your lunch and I can't wait to see you all there!" The voice of the school's extremely peppy student body president, Samantha Cox, yells through the intercom.

The whole lunchroom erupts with chatter after the announcement. Girls began squealing while showing each other different dresses and hairstyles they want to wear at the dance while guys were thinking about ways to ask their girlfriends.

"What's the Winter Wonderland Dance?" I ask.

"It's just this shitty dance the school puts together in the gym every year right before midterms and winter break. Guys have to ask girls and they always use the same shitty snow machine that breaks down halfway through the dance." Jesse says as he's currently eating all the carrots off Asher's plate.

"Oh...sounds boring," I say as I notice Arya heading towards us.

"BORING?! Lina, you have only been at this school for two weeks and you just automatically assume that by Jesse's lame-ass description of the dance, you wouldn't like it?" Xander says looking at me like I just ran over a kitten. I swear this man takes school spirit and school dances way too seriously. Suddenly I notice his bewildered demeanor change to a happy one when Arya takes a seat right next to me.

"Hey Arya, are you going to the dance on Friday?" Xander asks her.

"Pfft, no," She says as she takes a bite out of her sandwich.

"NO?! Why not?" He asks.

"A) because I am working and B) even if I wasn't working, I hate school dances," she says with an eye roll.

"Well, if you're not going then neither am I! Maybe after work, you can come over and we can have a sleepover" I suggest. All three boys give us smirks and a look that says "are we invited to the sleepover?". Stupid boys.

"Come on you guys, it will be fun! We can all hang out together with our dates and dance for hours." Xander says.

"See! That's another thing, we wouldn't even have a date if we do end up going." Arya says. She does have a point, even if we do end up going, the dance is in 3 days and we wouldn't have time to find a date.

"Oh, well I can take-"

"I can take you, Arya," Jesse says as he accidentally interrupts Xander.

"Okay well I guess I have a date but I still don't have time to get a dress and I'm sure my boss won't let me take off from work," she says still not changing her mind.

"You didn't even try asking her Ari," Asher says, rolling his eyes at her pathetic excuses of missing the dance.

"Come on Arya! I'll go if you go." I say giving her my best/worst attempt at puppy-dog eyes. She looks at me with a bored expression but eventually, everyone else at our table gives her the same look and I can see that she's about to crack.