Reunited

"He just left you there? So how did you get out?" Bradyn asks.

They're sitting in Bradyn's car in an empty parking lot. They decided to go for a drive after having sex and went through a drive through along the way. Courtney has just now decided to fill him in on everything regarding her and Griffin's break up.

In between mouthfuls of fries and swallows of cold icecream, she eventually tells him the whole story; being careful not to leave out any important details.

Courtney tells him about how she watched Griffin's car drive off into the distance and how she was in shock for hours after, days even. She tells him about how someone walking their dog found her and tried to help but they had to end up calling the fire department in the end.

"I didn't even have space to feel embarassed because I already felt so emotionally empty." She recalls.

She tells him about the huge hydrolic cutters the firemen brought out and how all the commotion made the entire block come out onto their balconies to see what was going on. And how that part of the playground is ruined now because it's all chopped up so they'll have to replace it eventually. She also tells Bradyn about how she got to ride home in the firetruck and had to get boosted into the front seat by two full grown men.

"But yeah." She finishes, "That's basically everything. What a way to break up with somebody. And we haven't spoken since."

"Dick move." Is all Bradyn says as he takes another lick of his ice cream cone.

"Yeah." Courtney suddenly remembers something, "And when he left he said 'Fuck both of you' and I've been turning that sentence over and over in my head and the only explanation I can think of for that is that one time we fucked."

"Who fucked?" Bradyn repeats, mindlessly licking his cone.

"Us. Me and you."

"What do you mean? He couldn't've known about that. Did you tell him?"

"No, I didn't. That's the thing. I'm thinking that he was in the house."

"That's creepy."

"I don't know, not really. I mean I did give him the code for the front door and Griffin wouldn't forget something like that. He's very analytical. I think he came into the house, saw us, and then left."

"And then rang the doorbell again?" Bradyn says it in a tone that implies he's not fully sold on the narrative.

"Yeah, I think so. I don't know, it's the only thing that makes sense. And when I answered the door he seemed sort of off but I didn't pay much attention to it because I was hiding a secret of my own."

Bradyn really doesn't seem as invested in the story as she is. They sit there in silence for a while.

"Do you not care?" Courtney finally asks.

"About Griffin watching me fuck his girlfriend? No, not in the slightest. Serves him right."

She can tell that talking about Griffin is agitating him so she goes to switch the topic. Just as Courtney opens her mouth to say something else, Bradyn's hand reaches over and he grabs the front of her gut, making her breath catch in her throat. He slides his hand under the fabric of her top and rubs her warm belly back and forth. He sticks his middle finger into her belly button and pokes her middle until she burps.

"We should go back to my place." He says, "If we go now, we can get downstairs before my parents get back and you can stay the night."

"Okay." Courtney smiles. Her mood is immediately lifted at Bradyn's suggestion that she stay over, "Can we swing by my place first so I can pack an overnight bag?"

"Yeah, sure."

Bradyn puts the key into the ignition, bringing the vehicle to life again. He hands her his icecream cone which she gladly finishes off.

Once the cone is gone and she's licking her lips, a brief thought crosses her mind. 'Was he giving me the cone to finish off or did he just want me to hold it so his hands would be free to drive?' Either way, it's too late now. As if answering her question, Bradyn moves his right hand in between her meaty thighs while he drives them to her house. He only needs one hand to drive.

When they get to her house they both decide it's going to be faster if Bradyn packs her bags. Courtney loiters around telling him where things are and she watches as he rushes back and forth between rooms. Just watching him is making her tired. There's no way she would be able to move that swiftly without passing out or stopping to take several breaks.

When they drive back to Bradyn's, Courtney wishes they could just drive around forever. She likes sitting in his presence, not talking, and just enjoying the view out the window with Bradyn's hand sandwiched between her thighs. Courtney loops her hand around his wrist and rubs her thumb up and down against his skin.

Bradyn leans over to kiss Courtney at every red light.

At the second last light he gets carried away and they start making out. The light turns green and a car behind them honks. Bradyn pulls away and looks into her eyes before grabbing her chin and kissing her one last time.

Bradyn's parents aren't home when they get there so they sneak downstairs.

He puts her bags in his closet and then turns on the TV. Bradyn asks her what show she wants to watch and she tells him she doesn't really care; because whatever he chooses is going to be the equivalent to background noise anyway.

Bradyn sits upright at the head of the bed with his back against the wall and he gently helps Courtney into his lap. They're both facing the TV on the wall but neither of them are really watching.

Bradyn loves the way Courtney's entire body just melts into his lap. He wraps his arms around her neck leaving them to rest on top of her chest.

"I really really missed you Courtney." He whispers in her ear.

The sound of his voice and the tickle of his breath sends shiver down her neck.

"Griffin didn't deserve you. I promise to take care of you better than he ever could."

He's always been there for her. Even all the way back when she was still doing school in person and she threw up all over the gym floor. Courtney reflects on how much safer she's always felt with Bradyn. In hind sight, Bradyn was probably always the better choice. She doesn't know how she didn't see it until now.