Heavy

"Mr. Albrecht?"

Griffin's body shoots up.

"Sylvia!" His tone is surprised and a bit too high pitched.

A woman in cleaning scrubs is in the doorway holding a vacuum.

"Cleaning time! Your parents scheduled us for today. Did you forget?" Her tone is calm and assertive. She knows exactly what she's walked in on but doesn't seem to care.

"No- no— I— No. Didn't forget." Griffin is such a bad liar.

"Mhmm. Because how could you forget? We come at the same time on the same day every week." The cleaning lady looks him up and down, clearly seeing through his lie, "Okay well, I'm going to start in the bedroom. I'll give you a second with your girlfriend."

Sylvia gives him a sly grin and then leaves the room.

When she's out of earshot Griffin and Courtney burst out laughing.

"How could you forget about Sylvia?" Courtney teases, out of breath.

"I don't knowww." Griffin whines, closing his eyes and running his hands through his hair.

Courtney goes to get up but can't.

"Griffin, can you help me up?" She pleads.

Griffin smiles and holds out his hands. He pulls but she doesn't move. He's surprised and changes his angle. Standing up on the couch on his feet he tugs a little harder and gets her in a seated position.

"Fuck. You really are heavy, hey?"

He drops back down on his knees and starts kissing her.

"Griffin. Sylvia. We gotta. Go." She says between kisses.

Griffin doesn't stop until the sound of the vacuum starts.

"Okay, let's go." He gives in.

He hops over the couch himself and turns around to see Courtney struggling with the hurdle. He holds his hands out to help her over but the extra weight has made her really uncoordinated. He watches as she wobbles on the plushy cushions and tries to steady her.

"Almost there." He says.

"Can you just lift me over?" Courney beggs, giving up on trying for herself.

"I can't."

"Can you just try?" She pleads.

"Fine."

Griffin grabs her hips and tries lifting her over the hump. He fails on his first attempt and his second attempt is not much better.

Griffin and Bradyn have similar builds and the last time she saw Bradyn he was able to lift her up no problem. Did she really gain that much weight since then? Or was Griffin just a weak ass bitch?

"Just crawl over the side."

"But then I'm going to hit the ground."

"No you won't."

The two of them end up problem solving and Griffin puts a pile of pillows on the floor for Courtney to land on.

It's weird. She went from being a high performance athlete who was able to do aerials and backflips and now she could barely scale a couch. Her body is changing faster than she can get used to.

They sneak their way out of the house and into a vehicle. Griffin drives them to the airport where Murphy is waiting. Griffin insists on flying home with her because he wants to spend as much time as possible with her. The flight is nice. Courtney lounges lazily while Griffin hand feeds her squares of chocolate.