Hailey and The Show of Ocanta

Hailey grabbed her bright yellow raincoat and placed it on. She admired herself in the mirror.

"This room Zone scanned for me. It looks like my one back home..." Quite in the moment there was a knocking at the door.

"Hailey? It's Zone?"

"Coming Professor"

Hailey answered and Zone waltzed in.

"Professor!" Hailey said annoyed.

"What?"

"Are you drunk?"

"What? Me! Drink? No" Zone said shoving the wine bottle into his coat to which it disappeared.

"It seems like you were drinking."

"I do alot of things" Zone muttered.

"Like drink"

"About that" Zone said plopping on her light pink bed. Which was covered in a home made quilt and dozens of stuffies as Hailey called her plushes.

"How would you like to see tons of drinks? Wines. Ciders. Soda pop!"

"What are you on about?" Hailey asked in her thin accent.

"Well. Theres a show. It's done by an old friend. I have this to give him" Zone outreached his hand and through it glowed a yellow hologram. It was a of a box with a human eye on its left side, distorted and discolored. The hologram had rims on it like an old tv going through. It was a delicate piece of tech.

"Always with the gifts..." Hailey said staring a bit unsettled.

"Well. It's my job. They employ me to do it."

"Speaking of that."

"Yes?"

"What exactly employs you?"

"You wouldn't understand" Zone waved her away.

"I would"

"You wouldn't"

"I would! God dammit Professor. I'm an adult treat me like one"

"Theres this council. Of all of space and time. They take care of bills and arrange for me to go places. At least that's how it started."

"Started?"

"I ran away. From all of them. I still take order but uh-"

"You ran away from the council?"

"I ran away from Orion. The council and I are on perfect and I do mean PERFECT terms"

"Wasn't that where you were born?" Hailey was suddenly quite.

"It was where I was raised. I owe it nothing" Zone said.

"So Cider"

"Not just Cider" Zone smiled wide and began to twirl his light blonde hair.

"Everything. Rabbits. Cookrahs. Bonshi"

"What do those words mean?" Zone paused in response.

"Oh I get it. Just more alien jargon I will never understand with my puny human brain?"

"You're catching on" Zone winked.

"Ugh your impossible" she said crossing her arms with a smile.

"So. We have to deliver this there. But we can glaze around the convention for a bit too. Lots of delicacies"