Zone and Pangea

Zone sat in his study. Chan came out. He was wearing a padded suit. "How do I look. American enough?" Chan asked. "More British than anything else!" Zone said closing his book and placing it on his table, nightstand with a red velvet chair in the middle of the pocket dimension. A galaxy spliced between rooms that held his home, held inside the key wrapped around his neck only accessed via the doors the key draws and opens, each one marked with it's signature question mark. "I can't wait to see more planets!" Chan said excited. Chan was Zone's friend. His apprentice. His go to. A young boy age 13 though they had been traveling together since the boy was 7 in the tribe of Abelio. Zone never aged. He was a human golem. A sorcerer's trick. But his friends...They age without him.

"I can't believe last trip doe!" Chan sometimes added a "doe" sound to the end of his sentences. Despite learning perfect English he kept some alien traits. He was Black in race and presently male. Outside of a few pinchers on his stomach he was human in anatomy. His gender identity is not something we're diving into this story. "Today we're visiting the forest people" "The people of the storm!" Chan asked excited but with a tone of challenge in his voice. "You know" Zone said solem. "I'm really glad you chose to travel with me. Time moves strange for me. It means the world. You have no idea..." Even though they had been together time worked strange for Zone. He was a god in some places. A god of time. It was one of the reasons Zone shared a distaste for mythology and the resembles of it.

For him it was as though it was their second adventure despite being together for years. Years for the boy milenia in reality. Time never moved so strange before Zone. But now it does. Everywhere Zone's concept of it being a meer victim of everytime period congruently happening at once. Zone was a marvelous thing. Truly and utterly astounding. "Any time professor!" He gave a giant smile and thumbs up. "But my makeup" "You can keep it but they'll see it as odd face paint" "I'll wash it then. Where's the bathroom again?" "Third planet sphere to your left in the bubble" "Ah right!" he walked across the galaxy like room to an invisible dorm and came out without his skull makeup washed off. "Let's go professor!"

Soon Zone opened a keyportal to a back alley. A giant wooden yellow door with a question mark appeared from the brick in the alley. It melted it's presence secure. Out of the door sauntered the two young men. "This looks like England" Chan said in broken English. "Ah must be here too early! Tch never know where I'm going to end up" "It's okay you always park in the same place!" Soon Chan was running away ahead of Zone. "Wow!" There were blimps in the sky. And droids with painted flags flying overhead. Plains carrying political foughter taglines behind them. "Must be in the middle of an election" Zone commented unamused. Zone was a pacifist. When triggered a shoot first kind of man. He avoided human politics whenever possible but he also knew by his very nature as an outsider his existence was deemed political. He had views many to the left of the scope, but he wasn't one to talk of them, lest he be meddling in those conflicts entirely. "Must be so!" Chan was always so excited during their travels. Seven years so far had felt like nothing. Never missing that excitement.

They went up to a mime. "Oh I love these things!" Zone said. Tossing him seven yen. The mime then made a box and pretended to get crushed. Chan clapped his hands. The mime then unboxed himself. "Tell me are you from Ishtar?" the mime asked in hand. "Zone what is he?" "He is quite he's a mime!" Zone said enthusiastically. "I wish I spoke hand" Chan said defeated. "You can" the mime mouthed the words. Taking Chan's hands. "Just move them in a way that feels natural" he lipped. "Can I pretend to be in a box too!?" Chan asked. "Sure!" Zone spoke, the mime then guided Chan's hands so he felt like a physical box was there.

Chan was surprised. It wasn't a trick. He could physically feel the box. "Ah how strange!" Chan panicked as the mime undid the box, Chan "ah I'm back" he said worried, "Come along then" Zone snatched Chan by the hand. "Off we go to find the little shop" he was soon guiding Chan like a father before he could continue with the mime. "Ah the Queen's Closet, love this one!" "the queens what?" "It's a shop. They have it back home in Zel where I was made from clay." "Ah back in Orion?" Chan asked. "You never speak about your former life professor. You only told me of the snobs who hurt your sister there" "Well let's just say the hunger wars were victorious now come along" soon the two were in the shop. "I recognize you" the woman said to Zone. "What year are you?" "25!" Zone said with a smile. "Same drink the purple one?" "No never liked that bit do you have ginger bear?" "Of course!" The woman went up to the drinks and gave them to them.