2: The Wrong Base

Optimus shouldn't have been surprised. A ground bridge can fling you to other side of the Earth in a second. He just didn't expect that to happen but sticking his digit in the wrong hole.

Optimus was still recovering from the feeling of collapsing in on himself to fit though his digit, that he hadn't yet realized he was in the middle of a town. When he did realize (because of the shrieking from the humans) he wished he'd realized sooner.

He hastily transformed into his alt and drove on at appropriate speeds. He really hoped no one took a photo. He never looked good in photos.

Optimus tried to com Ratchet but it came back as invalid after each attempt. Perhaps his com had broken.

When Optimus finally got out of town, fighter jets closed in. And these jets, started shooting.

"Holy Primus!" Optimus shrieked as he lurched forward. These where human jets! What was going on? What was going on- they took pictures of him! That's what was going on!

Optimus transformed to pursue peace-making tactics. Should he have transformed? It would have looked threatening, wouldn't it have?

Yes, yes it did. They fired missiles.

If they took picture of him before, he really hoped they weren't taking them now. He transformed and fled.

It was but some miracle he actually managed to lose them. He climbed out of the shallow ravine and turned on his navigation systems. He was a day away from Jasper. He tried to com Ratchet and the others as one last, desperate attempt, before he gave up and started driving.

-

-

When he finally got onto familiar roads, it was getting dark. So it came as a huge relief when he finally drove through the large door and transformed. He walked a bit before he came into the main room but then stopped dead.

Soundwave was at the monitor. Why was Soundwave at the monitor? Had he turned Ratchet into Soundwave? Primus he hoped not. Was Soundwave's colour lighter? Why were his bio lights turquoise?

Soundwave seemed to have sensed another presence and turned.

He had a face! Optimus stood shock still as Soundwave took on a defensive stance. Optimus was too shocked to do anything. It was like he was caught sneaking energon goodies when he was a youngling.

And so, they had a staring competition. It got awkward quick, "Umm..." Optimus started.

"How did you find our base?" Soundwave shot at him.

He has a face and he talks?

"How did you find our base?" Optimus asked awkwardly, what was he supposed to say? This wasn't their base! He wasn't doing to acknowledge that!

"This is our base!" Soundwave argued, surprisingly expressive.

"No-" Optimus started but was cut off by another pair of ped steps. Finally! Backup!

It was the wrong kind of backup. The Decepticon kind of backup. They grey with a surprisingly big gun kinda backup. Megatron walked in, his plating lighter and less scratched and once purple plating now red.

"What's going on Soundwave? You said there was trouble?" He asked. Soundwave pointed a skinny digit at Optimus and he too, jumped into defensive stance.

Optimus however, was trying to figure out why his optics where blue. Soundwave's where too. Damn it! This was no time to be staring at his enemies optics! Optimus made a tactical retreat and hid behind the wall.

"Did we have to do a drill this early?" Another voice asked (one which sounded a lot like Starscream) as Optimus heard more ped steps.

"After all, I need my beauty sleep." Yet another voice said.

"This isn't a drill!" Soundwave hissed and Optimus could hear guns charge.

"What the wall do?" Optimus could have sworn that was Breakdown.

"Come out with your servos raised, we have you outnumbered." Megatron called.

Servos raised? It sounded like a good idea. It really did, but how high? Raised as in 90° to his frame? Or vertical? Well he had to do something!

He stuck his servo out from the wall, his second following soon after. He hesitantly gave a wave.

"The frag?"

He regretted waving.

"Step away from the wall." He was instructed yet again.

He tried to step away from the wall with as much dignity as he could, but a restrained shuffle didn't allow for much. As soon as he cleared the wall, those who hadn't had their gun out already, now did.

He was tackled to the floor in seconds and had his servos cuffed in one more. Optimus was surprised to see Starscream sporting accent colours of blue and red along side his usual grey.

"How did you find our base?" Starscream started, drawing out a blue sword and resting it at Optimus' chin.

"I don't understand, this is our base." Optimus started, coming to terms with what was going on, "Where are the others?" He shot back, he optics furrowing in anger.

"Your base? Explain." Megatron demanded.

"Explain? What is there to explain? What- Have you commandeered it?" Optimus asked. Why did he ask? It was obvious they commandeered it.

"Could I try a simpler question?" Knockout started, "Since he's clearly fried his processor?" Megatron gave him a nod, "Cool, since when did you change your colours?" He asked.

Optimus blinked. "Never?" He suggested.

"HUuh?" Breakdown started, "You were sporting purple just last week?" He asked.

"Purple? I would never, purple is a-" Optimus cut himself of and looked around, none where sporting any purple, "-Terrible colour!"

"How did you locate our base?" Megatron asked again, not moving from his spot, five meters away. Meanwhile, Soundwave was scanning his processor.

"We live-lived here, how would I not know where our base is?" Optimus asked, growing weary, "I grow tired of your games Megatron." He added. Was that a little cringy? Was this a game? Did he make a false assumption of this situation?

Meanwhile Soundwave was scanning his chassis. "This is Optimus alright." He said then blinked, "Ah, the scanner's showing that the matrix is in him." He started.

"A trick, leave it." Megatron said as he approached, Optimus grew uneasy and confused, "Your designation is Optimus yes?" He asked.

"Yes." Optimus confirmed.

"And apparently, this is your base?" He continued.

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"When we first arrived on Earth, five years ago." He said, should he be cooperating?

"We?"

"Ratchet, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Arcee, and myself." He said, "You know this." He added.

Megatron narrowed his optics.