Chapter 36

"Merry Christmas" Anne said to her grandchildren coming through the door. More 'Merry Christmas' were said as the rest of the family filtered in behind her. After everyone said Happy birthday to Louis.

It was currently 6 in the morning LA time so the Tomlinson's were half asleep while answering the door. Darcy didn't even make an effort to get out of bed.

"Thank you everyone and Merry Christmas. Why don't you all go to your rooms, they all have a sign with your name on it to show who's staying where. You can all unpack and settle in while we go back to bed for an hour or two" Louis said tiredly.

The layout for their house made it easy for their guests to find their room. The bottom floor of the house had a game room, movie room, a gym, music room/studio, and a hangout space. The floor above that had the kitchen, main living room, dining room, Harry and Louis offices, a conference room and a few other smaller rooms. The floor above that was the kids floor. It had each of their bedrooms and bathrooms. Plus another hangout space in the center. The floor above that one had the 9 other bedrooms where the extended family would stay. The top floor was Harry and Louis' floor. It had their bedroom and bathroom. It also had multiple closets for each of them. Louis and Harry wanted privacy for themselves when they were designing and building their home.

He and Harry were up until 4 wrapping Christmas presents and cleaning out some of the extra rooms. Two of the rooms were filled with only Harry's clothes which were now scattered into Louis and Harry's room and in random closets in the house.

"Of course dear. Just text me if you need me to do anything while you rest" Anne said bubbly.

Freddie woke up 3 hours later to his phone ringing nonstop. He finally looked at it to see he had 20 missed calls from Bear, Niall, and Liam. Liam started calling again when he answered.

"Hello?" Freddie said in a sleepy voice.

"Sorry to wake you, are your dad's up?" Liam asked.

"Uncle Liam if you just woke me up how am I supposed to know" Freddie sassed.

"Little tommo, can you just go look, we need them to come pick us up. Uncle Niall and I's flight was canceled" Liam explained.

"They are asleep and daddy's only rule for dad's birthday was not to wake him up. Can't you get an Uber or something?"

"Just wake Harry then" Liam said frustrated.

"Fine hold on"

Freddie put his phone down on Harry's nightstand and started shaking him and saying his name.

"Daddy, the Payne's and Horan's need you to pick them up at the airport their flights were canceled" Freddie explained.

Harry groaned but nodded, starting to get out of bed. He threw on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt with a pair of slippers.

"Liam I'll be there in 20" Harry said walking out of his bedroom.

He hurried down the stairs going straight into his biggest car which was his SUV. It had just enough seats to fit each of their families.

Meanwhile Cassidy and Darcy were helping Anne make pancakes for breakfast. While Cassidy was stirring the batter Darcy threw pancake mix at her.

Cassidy gasped, "it's in my hair. I just did it all cute."

Cassidy was about to retaliate when Louis came down the stairs and held her back.

"Both of you apologize. It's Christmas Eve and my birthday behave" Louis said sternly.

"Happy birthday Dad!" Both twins said at the same time.

Louis smiled tiredly in response. Then pulled both of them into a big hug.