Part 27 Ice Cream Date

"Liam, she's going out with Hope tonight alone," Harry said.

"Send Paul if you're worried," Liam replied.

"Ok well she won't be alone, it's just me and Lou aren't gonna be there" Harry worried.

"She's fine. She's responsible" Liam said.

"Why don't we just send Darcy" Harry recommended.

"Harry, we are not sending Darcy" Louis said. "But we can spy on her without her knowing. Liam can come too."

"Deal" Harry responded.

"We're not actually doing this are we?" Liam asked concerned.

Before they could answer Cassidy came downstairs in a cropped white tank top and a blue ruffled skirt with plain white vans. Her hair was curled and down. Her makeup was perfectly done and looked very natural. Normally they would tell her to go back and change but they were being nice.

Lottie snuck down behind her. They knew she had definitely helped Cassidy get ready.

"You look amazing Cassidy. Although you know we don't approve of that top" Louis said.

"You look amazing for someone who is just getting ice cream," Harry said, making Cassidy blush.

"Thank you. I got to go. Paul is waiting in the car with Hope" Cassidy said.

She gave each of her dads and Liam a hug. Then thanked Lottie before running out the door.

"Okay, once she pulls out of the driveway we go," Harry said, pulling out his phone to track her.

"Don't do it she won't forgive you" Lottie said.

"Then, we won't get caught" Louis smirked.

"Hi Hope. Hi Paul" Cassidy said, getting in the car.

They both replied hi and started driving away.

"So Paul, I um, I know you used to cover for my dads when they used to go on dates. You never told their management. I was uh wondering if you could do the same for us?" Cassidy nervously asked.

"Of course I can, but your management is your dad. Why can't you tell him" Paul wondered.

"I'm just not ready for anyone to know but you can help us" Cassidy answered.

"Ok, well we're here. We can order and when we sit I'll sit a table or two behind you for privacy" Paul said.

"Thank you so much," Cassidy said, giving him a hug from behind.

After making sure no one had a camera, Cassidy walked hand in hand with Hope to the ice cream window. After they sat at a table so they could talk without Paul hearing them.

As they were talking Hope pushed Cassidy's hair behind her ear. Cassidy's eyes lit up as she smiled. Hope looked over at Paul who was looking in the other direction at three men in all black. She took the opportunity to lean in and kiss Cassidy.

"It's okay if I do that right," Hope asked quietly.

Cassidy nodded with a big smile.

"We can do more of that later when no one else is around" Hope smiled.

"I can't wait," Cassidy replied.

Paul had gotten up and walked over the three men.

"Tweedledee, Tweedledum, and tweedledumbass. What are you doing here?" Paul said.

"Getting ice cream," Louis replied.

"Stop spying and go home. I'll bring you home ice cream" Paul said.

"But Paul, she's my baby. I'm gonna watch her" Harry replied.

"You guys are amazing parents. It shocks me to say that. But you can't watch her for the rest of her life" Paul said.

"She doesn't even know we are here," Harry pointed out.

"But she would kill you if she did," Paul pointed out.

"GUYS LOOK THEIR KISSING" Liam squealed.

"Lou, our baby's growing up" Harry said with tears in his eyes.

"Go home she's fine without you" Paul said walking away.

"Hope is that my Uncle Niall? With a girl?!?" Cassidy said in shock.

Cassidy made eye contact with Niall. Harry, Louis and Liam looked up in shock after hearing her say that. Niall started walking over towards them.

"Hurry inch apart," Cassidy said to Hope.

"I thought all of you were home. Why are you all here?" Niall questioned.

Liam, Louis, and Harry were shaking their heads to try to say that they weren't here. Cassidy turned around with a bright red face.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE?" she yelled.

"Uhm we uh came to get Freddie and Darcy ice creams because they were jealous you got some and they didn't" Louis said.

"What did you guys see?" Cassidy asked nervously.

"We saw nothing you didn't want us to see," Harry smiled.

"So Niallers got a girlfriend," Louis said, changing the conversation.

"It's still new so don't say anything to Grace and Nick. I haven't been with anyone in over 15 years but the twins are older now. This has to be a secret until I can tell them" Niall said.

Everyone nodded understanding where Niall was coming from. Grace has never been good with change, the whole family knew that. The reason Niall never dated as the kids got older was because they didn't want him to.

Niall walked back over to his mystery woman who was still standing in line. They held hands and Niall smiled, really smiled with true joy in his face.

"There's a couple cameras in the parking lot. I think it's time to go home" Paul warned.

"Thanks Paul. You can bring Cassidy home safe and drop Hope off at home" Louis smiled, taking Harry's hand and leaving.

Liam trailed behind them. On their way out they warned Niall about the cameras and he apologized to his date.

The car ride home was a comfortable silence. When they arrived at Hope's house, Cassidy got out and walked her to the door.

"Sorry about my family" Cassidy apologized.

"It's fine. I've known them my whole life" Hope smiled.

"I wish I could bring you on tour. I don't wanna leave you" Cassidy said, holding back tears.

"Me too but I have to go back home to LA for my dad's show. We can Face Time everyday. When you get back we can see each other everyday" Hope told her, "don't cry though love."

"I know it's only been 8 months but I love you Hope Cordon" Cassidy said kissing Hope.

"I love you too Cassidy Tomlinson" Hope said smiled.

They kissed for another few seconds then broke it. Hope walked inside and Cassidy walked into the car. Once she got in she started letting the tears she was holding in out. She didn't want to leave Hope behind.