90: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

"It seems that your friend is the cause of all this."

Ace and Queenie's demeanor suddenly became tense.

"You are not entirely pushing the blame on her, child. She went out of our comfort place to save your life."

"Ha!" Dia rolled his eyes. "Stop being denial and admit it."

Night elegantly put down the tea cup and stared back to Dia's emerald eyes with his scarlet eyes.

The Diamond seal and the Shadow Seal are glowing.

Dia who felt weird, briskly sat down across Night. Ace followed suit and awkwardly sat down too. Queenie decided to keep arranging the desserts and tea on the round table.

"Wasn't the old man's body... it was a sign that she was here. It wasn't only him but other people was also graced by that light."

There is a hardness on Dia's tone. He only cares about Dream but he fully well knows how the soul he supervised for a decade will carelessly act. He needs to eliminate anything that might repeat the events from their former lives.

"Her... power was certainly here..." Night said in a low tone.

Dia did not respond back as he was not present when it happened, they both cannot justify the degree of Light's presence.

Ace who was listening to the two's ambiguous conversation decided to say something.

"Does he have a red hair?"

Night and Dia both look at Ace.

"That day.... Sir Kaleid came to pick up the King of Spade and the Spadian Knights. My Father, find it weird that the man came all the way here but he pushed that feeling aside as it is the man he trusts the most."

"On their way to the teleportal, on the edge of the gorge, I saw Kaleid's auburn hair turned red. It was blazing like a furious flame."

Dia's eyes open wide.

"Wait! Are you saying that Kaleid?!"

Ace continued on, ignoring Dia. This is the first time he is speaking about Kaleid.

"His hair turned red, it surprised my father which means it also something that he never knew. And even before he could react, a sword slashed him and a blinding light covered everything. "

Dia is holding his head and seems in denial of what he is hearing.

"When the light is gone, all it left are the dying people of Clover and Spadian knights that was around the proximity of the light. My father fell out of the gorge. It took us a while to find him. We really thought he was dead. Thanks to the thick Spadian blood in his veins, he survived."

"Wait!!!" Dia slammed the table. "How can you be sure that was Kaleid?!"

"Who is denial now?" Night retorted back to Dia.

"Huh?! The power of light is more than an evidence you ball of....!"

"Stop!!" Ace stopped Dia.

"We don't really know! Everything is vague!! I saw everything with my own eyes, but I do not know Kaleid or the being with light powers you guys talk about. Moreover, after the blinding light he is nowhere to be found. We also do not have the time to investigate. I had to close Clover right away, so that that little chance that my father is alive will not be snatch from me. The way my father was slashed by the sword and that blinding power...."

"Lad, how close you are in that moment that you know for sure that that is what happened?" Night asked Ace.

"I was standing just six feet away. It seems that that bright power did not affect me."