My mouth opened slightly, what a disgusting man. I'm not exactly sure what he's done in his personal time, but it could not be for the eyes of children. "You'll be coming with us." I tried to ignore his remarks.

"My pleasure."

***

If the secluded room wasn't so brightly lit, anyone could easily fall asleep due to the amount of silence. Junpei tapped his fingers on the table as he looked straight into L/N, almost as if he was waiting for her next move. The woman, however, said nothing in return. She kept her arms crossed with an unamused look on her face.

"Junpei-san, are you going to answer our questions?" Kunikida questioned the man, hoping for the hour-long interrogation to be over.

"Your question is how I became involved with the apostles?" Junpei repeated with a slight glance over to the blonde. "I'll answer if she asks."

His new request made L/N shift slightly in her seat.

"Our agreement was if L/N-san came in, you would answer our questions, unless you're not a man of your word...." Kunikida adjusted his glasses and glared up at Junpei.

The pitiful man bounced his leg as he pondered for a moment. "I met boss at a bar. He bought me a drink, and we talked about our dreams. Said he wanted to have control over life in itself. Thought he was crazy at first, but once I saw how much money was put into the group he was building up, I decided to insert myself in."

"Was killing children always the goal?"

"Well- sure. He had a weird thing with body parts, and he had a weird way of convincing others it was for god."

"Which is?"

Junpei stopped for a moment and stared into nothing. His eyes slowly moved over to L/N, and an odd smile came to his lips. "I'll never forget the day I saw a pathetic looking girl stab my brother to death. It was quite a sight. Boss was convinced; you were the ticket to his success."

All those years ago, when L/N and I were taken to be killed by the apostles themselves, Junpei was there? I bit my lip. That was the reason she was taken. Maybe if I had defended her myself, it wouldn't have happened. They wouldn't have seen her do anything. Would she have been, safe?

"Why did L/N make the Apostles more successful?" Junpei was about to speak, until the woman spoke.

"They were so sure they could do absolutely anything they wanted, whenever they saw a random child defy their plans, they considered her a god. It's pathetic." She murmured to the wall.

In a beat, the door behind us opened. "Kunikida-san, could I speak to you for a moment?" Yosano called out to me.

I nodded and sat up from my chair, giving Junpei a slight look. "You coming?" I question L/N and look back at her.

She shook her head silently with crossed legs. "You need someone to watch him, don't you?" She reminded me. With hesitation, I nod and walk out.

"I think we found out how Sadako got to Yokohama by herself." Yosano informed me. I always wondered about this. She was a young girl, how did she get here?

"Well?"

"She moved along with different Apostle groups as they moved around the country. Many of them didn't acknowledge Sadako so she just kept running off."

"Does that mean...there were more Apostles back in Tokyo?"

"It's likely, and we completely missed them."

I put my hand to my mouth and sighed. They were right there with us, and we didn't do anything. We were way too focused on finding Mirai that we didn't consider grabbing some more criminals for questioning. "Alright...well-"