- Reminiscent One -

(Reminiscents will be chapters (of any word count) that explain some memories of Kunikida's past that may be relevant to the present story.)

-
-
-

"So, your name is Sasaki?" I'll admit I was quite nervous about the fact that I was possibly speaking with my brother's crush.

"Wha? No no, you must be referring to my friend. My name is L/N-"

"Y/N!!" We both turned away from each other and turned to see another student. She was beautiful, having short black silk hair, a slim stature, and a contagious warm smile. I could think this much: I could see why my brother was in love with her just by looking at her. "Oh dear, another one tripped over you?" Sasaki asked the gardener after seeing my condition.

"I'm afraid so-" L/N heaved a small sigh, hunching her shoulders. "By the way Sasaki, this is Kamekichi's younger brother." She introduced me with hardly any enthusiasm.

"Oh, So you're Doppo! It's a pleasure to meet you, Kamekichi has talked about you." The student said, taking my hand into hers and shaking it. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks grow slightly warm at the touch of her palm.

"Sasaki, L/N!" Kamekichi jogs down the hall and calls out their names.

"Nii-san, what are you doing here after school?" I asked.

"I'm in the student council, remember? I went to use the restroom then saw you guys." He said with a smile, but the grin soon faded. "Yeesh, what happened to you?" I blinked, then remembered the sensation of blood slowly dripping down from my forehead.

"Oh...I tripped and fell.." I said with a huge ounce of shame.

"That's right, I should probably finish my task of taking you to the infirmary. C'mon." L/N once again grabbed my hand and continued to walk. "She's pretty, isn't she?" L/N remarked once we were away from the two. That was a comment that I wasn't expecting. Once again, my cheeks turned a slight pink at the thought of her.

"Well...I won't deny her appearance is appealing." I murmured.

"C'mon, Kunikida. You were stuck in such a flushed daze when she shook your hand! You're not very good at hiding your emotions, you know.." She said with a small giggle. "But, it's clear those two like each other, yeah?" I looked behind me and saw the two again. Sasaki was laughing at some joke my brother had probably told.

"I suppose so. Nii-san would talk of her very highly." I recalled all of the conversations we had about her, where my brother would just rant on and on about Sasaki. While it was true that she was very beautiful, I couldn't see myself being attracted to her romantically. And I wouldn't be as obsessed as my brother was.

"Here we are." L/N suddenly went to a stop as I was on a train of thought. Having not come back to reality quick enough, I bumped into her slightly; The gardener didn't seem to notice it much though. We walked in, and sooner or later I was sitting on the bed, being patched up by a girl I hardly knew. Her eyes were so concentrated and fixated on my injury as she cleaned it with rubbing alcohol.

"Owuch-" I winced at the slight pain when she placed the cotton ball onto my cut.

"Oh shush, I'm almost done." I had come to a realization when she was putting a bandaid on my wound. Why was she the one tending to my wounds? And why am I letting her? I had agreed on letting her escort me to the infirmary, but not to treat me. I could very well take care of myself. And yet...

There I was, letting a stranger put a sailor moon bandied on my forehead. Since when did I become so....tolerant?

Oh right, I remember. It's because I'm terrified of her. How could this girl possibly be good friends with kind-hearted Sasaki?