Chapter 4 : A Plan

"You haven't been telling us the entire truth, have you?"

The woman stood at the doorway, the entrance still being wide open. Her whole body tensed, and she looked in another direction. We were all silent, waiting for her response.

"I don't know what you mean." She said with a cold tone, looking up and staring at me directly in the eye.

"I believe you do. Please come with me so I can ask some questions."

"No, I don't. What is this about?"

"Please come with me."

She began backing up. "I don't want to be interrogated, I'm not a threat."

"Let me ask you one question then."

"Go on."

"Are you the Angel?"

She stopped and was silent. "I suppose the cat is out of the bag, huh." She sighed, shaking her head.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Think about it. The so-called leader, also known as the Angel, is the one running all of this. If you found out I was the angel, wouldn't that seem suspicious??"

"It's more suspicious that you didn't say anything! Do you know how many lives have been put to danger because of you? Because they're looking for their leader?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. There's no way they've already found me."

With a grunt, I stomped my way over to her and handed her the note I had received from Ayae. L/N read it, then her eyelids widened.

"I..."

"So that's why there have been more killings of innocent children! Because they're looking for you! They're giving more and more sacrifices because you're gone! And now, they know you're here!"

"Well, what the hell was I supposed to do? Stay there? Even if I had told you, the killings wouldn't have stopped! They have never stopped!" The woman stomped her foot, but almost immediately, she fell to the ground with a yelp. "Ow...shit..." L/N winced from the impact of the fall.

What the...

Why did she just randomly fall? It's not as if she tripped on anything. I peered down to the floor, and saw..a foot..that was detached from its leg..? "...piece of junk.." She slammed her fist into the leg that was hardly attached to her.

"Guys...I think we should calm down." Atsushi stepped up and grabbed onto my shoulder. We both looked back at him, obviously aggravated. Atsushi flinched, but he kept his composure. "L/N, are you okay?"

"What does it look like...?" The woman answered with aggression, still fed up.

"When was the last time you replaced that thing?" Yosano looked over my shoulder and asked.

"Uh...who knows? They were supposed to replace it a couple months ago..." L/N replied with a shrug, trying to find a nearby object to lift herself up with. I began walking over to her for assistance, but she immediately glared at me as soon as I started doing so. Does this woman have so much pride that she refuses to take my hand in any given situation? What on earth goes through her head? I watched her struggle pitifully, and soon I simply couldn't take any more of the torture coming from such a conceited person. Without a word, I moved a chair right next to her, which again, she had ignored and attempted to stand up using another piece of furniture.

"Get in the chair dammit-" I bit my inner cheek from my impatience.

"You can't tell me what to do." She replied almost immediately, with the most childlike voice I had ever heard coming from an adult, and that's saying something considering I spend most of my time with Dazai.