Chapter 9- Clear and Bright

TW: TRANSPHOBIA

Aikawa Junpei was his name. The name of Sadako's father.

Finally having an identified subject that was a part of the cult was a relief to the Agency. Considering most men among the Apostles killed themselves upon being caught, a name was a huge step. We could mostly thank Sadako for giving a name so willingly, even if it took some convincing.

After looking him up, we found tons of certificates for him. This included marriage papers, news articles, birth certificates, (for himself and his children, which we had found that he only had a son. His name was Aikawa Goro. We hadn't found any birth records on Sadako strangely enough.) etc. Junpei was married to a woman named Koyuki. The only records we could find on her were her marriage certificate and Goro's birth certificate, which displayed her name, then she had just disappeared into thin air. Apparently, Sadako doesn't have any memories of her mother at all.

This was a strange family..indeed.

The most important fact though, was that Junpei was a part of the Angel's Apostles, and Sadako was key to leading us there. His address was located in Iwaki. While the possibility of him not being there was in the air, the agency still felt as though they needed to check.

It took a three hour train ride to make it to the town. Back in Yokohama, Yosano, Dazai, Kenji, and Tanizaki stayed at the ADA to keep watch over possible movements that the cult may make and to watch over Mirai. On the train rode Sadako, L/N, and I. Looking down at my feet, I noticed Sadako fidgeting with her fingers and tapping her foot. My only assumption was that she was nervous to see her dad again. To be fair, I can't think of many good experiences she would have had with her father. (considering their family history.) Regardless, it was huge that the girl was able to help us.

Soon, we arrived at Iwaki Station. The place wasn't too crowded, as most citizens were already in their workplace. Sadako walked closely beside L/N, hanging onto the woman's arm in the process.

We followed the directions Sadako gave us, and we soon found ourselves in a secluded neighborhood. Other than the lack of pedestrian activity in the area, the place seemed normal.

"This is the block he lives on." The girl said quietly, halting to a stop before turning into the street. This was it, this was our chance.

Before we continued on, a sudden thought crossed my mind. Quickly, I grabbed onto L/N's arm and stopped her from walking.

"What's up?" She had a confused look on her face as she looked back at me.

"I think...you should stay here."

"Huh?"

"We don't know how this man is going to respond when he sees you..."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine! I came prepared." A determined look came on her face and she reached for her pocket. L/N took out a medical mask and placed it over her face. She then took glasses that were hanging from the collar of her shirt and put them over her eyes. "Tada, he won't suspect a thing!"

I could only stare at her with impatience. Her smile soon disappeared, and she groaned.

"Fine, but I'm staying nearby just in case." The woman obliged, but kept the "undercover" items on.

"Thank you, hopefully this won't take long." I turned around and started walking along the sidewalk, Sadako soon following me.

"Why isnt Y/N coming?"

"We thought it'd be better for her safety if she stayed." I explained, stopping myself from saying, and his safety too. Nobody knew what that woman was capable of if she could get her hands on him.