Chapter 9- Clear and Bright

Start from the beginning

"Oh..should I stay behind too?"

"That's not necessary, you're actually quite essential as we talk to him. It'd be a miracle if we get him to turn himself in willingly."

"No..." We were just about to turn into the man's front patio. "I think I should stay behind." Sadako clenched her jaw and gulped.

"Don't worry Sadako, no harm will come to you."

"But I..."

The front door swung open, making the little girl freeze.

"THERE YOU ARE YOU IMPUDENT CHILD!" That obnoxious voice could've made my ears ring. "GET YOUR ASS IN HERE." Sadako did not move, a disturbed look was on her face. I sighed and turned to face the man.

"Are you Aikawa Junpei?"

"Who cares? Were you the one who brought that boy here?" Junpei looked away from me and back to Sadako. "Goro, if you don't come in here this instant-"

"Goro?" I interrupted, confused. Goro was the name of this man's son, so why would he...?

"Oh great, you're wearing that girly clothing again. You're never going to get girls if you keep dressing like one! I'll teach you a lesson."

Oh...

I turned to Sadako, who was pressing her lips together, looking as if she was holding back a sob. She looked away from me and said nothing. The girl sighed and started walking towards the doorway.

"That's it Goro, get in here." Junpei reached his hand out to Sadako's arm.

Now, this was something I would not tolerate.

I went in front of Sadako and stretched my arm in front of her.

"Excuse me, you must be mistaken." The girl stopped behind me as I spoke. "This is not your son, this is your daughter, Sadako. We have important matters to speak about."

"Kunikida..." Sadako murmured behind me. "..you don't have t-"

"Who the hell do you think you are? See that Goro? Now people think you're a girl. Is that what you-"

"Junpei-san, I believe I am the one speaking to you, not your daughter." I pushed my glasses to the rim of my nose and stared at the man. "May we come in?"

"What are you here for?" Junpei scrunched his nose and glared at me.

"My name is Kunikida Doppo of the Armed Detective Agency. My team is suspicious of many crimes you've committed in the past." I introduced myself, taking out my official badge and showcasing it.

"Fucking bullshit...I haven't done anything wrong. If anything, what I do is charity work. Tell him, Goro."

I scoffed, and was about to make another statement, until Sadako came in front of me and stood her ground.

"For the last time, father, my name is Sadako. You've done many terrible acts, especially to Y/N." The girl crossed her arms and lowered her head.

"You don't know anything kid...wait a second. Did you say you were from the Armed Detective Agency?" Junpei looked up at me.

"Yes?"

"Then you're the people that stole our little Angel then?"

"Excuse me?"

Junpei stopped fidgeting his hands and smiled. It was an unnerving look. "Oh....I'd love to see her." His eyes were darting around the neighborhood with anticipation. "It's been so long...I've been so bored." The man held onto his hands and he tapped his foot on the concrete.