It always catches up to you

Listened to weezer whilst writing this 10/10 would recommend.

Trigger warning for:
Panic attacks
Dissociation
Grieving

It was the last lesson of the day, finally. Rin was not faring well and had to fight to stay awake. Throughout the day he kept on getting pitiful looks, and teachers keeping him behind to ask if he was alright. It was nice the first time- the 5th time however it was starting to get annoying.
Now normally he would be excited for yhe day to nearly be over. The problem was that the last lesson was anti-demon pharmaceuticals. Yukio's class.

Katsuki gave his boyfriend a knowing glance and squeezed his thigh
"You okay?" he whispered
"Yeah im fine-i told you earlier." Rin snapped, tired of everyone treating him like he was made of glass.
"Right, sorry."

Their cover teacher was not one Rin had seen before, but it didn't really matter. Not when all Rin could think of was that this man was sitting on his brothers desk. His brothers desk. And using his brothers chalk to write on the board. And he had just replaced Yukio, and no one else was acknowledging it.
The- the audacity of him! Yukio was the best teacher they could have asked for and this fucker could never hope to be even half as good as him.

"Okumura! Are you with us?" the teacher called out.
Rin couldn't hear him. He was staring at the desk, at the small blood stain from his first day at cram school, and he had knocked Yukio's hand, making him drop some fermented animal blood. At the small chip in the wood that Yukio would always absentmindedly pick at.
And then suddenly he wasn't in the classroom anymore, everything was blurry and for the first time since he had woken up in that hospital bed it hit him.
His baby brother was dead. Yukio was dead. And he wasn't coming back. There would be no more early morning scoldings or making two lunches instead of one or-

"Okumura? Okumura!"

"Rin!" he was jerked back to reality by Katsuki poking him on the shoulder. He became vaguely aware that his cheeks were wet, had he been crying?
"Hm-"
"Are you okay? You froze up and started crying babe."

"Oh." Rin said, blankly.
"I think i need to go sir."

"R-right, Bakugou please escort Okumura to his dorm."

Rin wordlessly dragged Katsuki out of the classroom, beelining to his dorm. He didn't look back, knowing that his eyes were stinging with tears, he didn't need Katsuki seeing him like that. It was pathetic.

They got to his room, where Rin kicked off his shoes and sat on the bed, burrowing his face into his pillow. He heaved, attempting to stay silent as his eyes overflowed with salty liquid. He couldn't breathe, there was something unseen constricting his chest, his lungs. His heart burned and squeezed and hurt more than he had words to explain it. Rin fisted his hands around the duvet. Knuckles going white and his breathing shallowed and hitched.

"Hey, hey Rin, Rin baby." he distantly heard Katsuki, and felt the boy sit next to him on the bed. A Large callused hand stroked his hair, whilst the other snaked its way into Rin's grip, not complaining at the intensity of it. He continued to stroke Rin's white hair, whispering comforting words and praises. Rin felt himself come back to earth as his lungs slowly expanded. His heart still heart but at least he could breathe now.

"Srry' for bein weak." Rin slurred, positioning himself so he was lying on Katsuki's torso, arms around the blond's waist.

"You're not weak baby, you're so fucking strong and i love you for it." Katsuki whispered, a finger pushing up Rin's chin so they were facing eachother, a hairs breadth apart. Katsuki leant forward and kissed him slowly, not minding the tears that were still wet on Rin's face. Rin pushed against Katsuki's soft lips with his own cracked ones, savouring the closeness. It wasn't deep, or their best kiss but it meant more than that.

They broke apart, and Katsuki looked deep into his boyfriends firey blue eyes.
"Its okay for you to miss him." Rin could feel his heart squeeze again- though it had never really stopped aching lately. And his eyes were watering again, he blinked hard sending more salty tears running down his face, dripping off his chin. He buried his face in Katsuki's shirt and just, cried.

He cried for hours, as he lay in Katsuki's lap, the blond's hand stroking his soft hair.
But eventually the clutches of sleep grabbed him, and he finally closed his eyes, feeling safe in the comfort of his boyfriend's warm body, lulled by Katsuki's stedy breathing and metronomic heart beat.
-------

The next morning he still felt shit.
And he felt shit the morning after
And he felt slightly less shit when he started therapy a month later
And less shit when he came out to the class with katsuki.
And then before he knew it he was laughing along with his friends at lunch again, and slowly (slowly) healing.
It was a long fucking process but he was stronger for all his tragedies, and he had Katsuki and his friends every step of the way.
He had highs,
He had horrible lows,
But that was life, wasn't it? He was coping.
And then two years went by in the blink of an eye, and he was a third year, an up and coming pro hero was a successful life ahead of him.
Man, he thought, how did he get so damn lucky?

✭✭✭✭✭✭
Would y'all believe me if i said this was meant to be fluff 0-0

This is what changing playlists to mitski halfway throuh writing looks like. Anyways listen to francis forever whilst reading this or else🔫🔫🔫🔫