⇢︎ Chapter 46 : Study for Finals

Start from the beginning

"I've tested it a variety of ways," Koro-sensei stated, "Each tentacle loss reduces my movements about 10%! And that brings us back to your tests. Last time, you were assessed by your composite score, but, this time, you will all be evaluated by your strongest subject, as well.

"On the return of your exam papers, I will allow you... to destroy one tentacle for each subject where you score the top in your grade."

Everyone's eyes widened, even Y/n's and Karasuma's. They were shocked that Koro-sensei would put something like his own limb on the line. Now the class had a new finding determination.

Koro-sensei continued, "I'm sure you can see that this is a huge opportunity for you. If you take the top spots in composite score and all five subjects, you'll be able to destroy 6 tentacles. This is our assassination classroom's end-of-term exam. Whether this will bring you all closer to the reward of 10 billion... is dependent on your results."

Y/n let out a small hum as he leaned back on the tree he was sitting by. He looked up at the sky, not really caring about these tests. Honestly, all he cares about is passing the tests with at least a B so that Shiro doesn't berate him with low grades.

"So," Karasuma said as he shuffled through some papers, "What are you going to do, Y/n?"

Y/n thought for a bit, "I think..." He started, "I think I'll sit back on this one. I want to see my friends shine, just this once. Plus, I think it will help boast their mortality and determination to kill Koro-sensei."

Karasuma, being slightly shocked by the answer, could only nod, he smiled slightly, "Sure, whatever you say."

As the class was having a free period, Sugino, Nagisa, Y/n, Karma, Okuda, and Kaeda were all chatting with one another about the test

As the class was having a free period, Sugino, Nagisa, Y/n, Karma, Okuda, and Kaeda were all chatting with one another about the test. Apparently, in Y/n's eyes, everyone was excited to get a good score. Everyone but him and Karma, which confused him.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

Sugino's phone went off. He pulled his phone out of his pocket to check who was calling him. He slightly perked up and let a small smile take over his lips as he noticed that it was his old friend calling him.

"It's Shindo," Sugino stated as he answered the call, "Hey, what's up, how's it going man? Still licking his wounds?" He joked.

"Yeah," Shindo let out a soft chuckle from the other side of the phone, "Hell of a tournament, huh? Remember how I said payback's a bitch? Best make it to high school so we can actually go head-to-head."

Sugino let out a small laugh, "Doesn't sound like you hold out a lot of hope for me."

Shindo let out a sigh and anyone could hear the smile drop, even through the phone, "Listen, there's something you should know. Right now, as I'm talking to you, A class is holed up in one of the main campus conference rooms doing independent study hall."

Everyone around Sugino perked up what Shindo said. Y/n narrowed his eyes as he got closer to Sugino to hear what Shindo was saying. This was valuable info, they, E class, couldn't let it slip like soapy water.