Chapter 11

"What's wrong with you?!" I snapped, by this point it felt like he'd been dragging me away forever, he turned around quickly.

"Believe me, I know, hehe!" He snarled, making his voice high pitched, I frowned.

"I didn't say hehe."

"You might as well have." My mate growled, he rested his head against my shoulder, turning his face into my neck, "I'm jealous.. Why don't you look at me like that?" I froze.

His arms slinked around my body, "Ryan..." He muttered, "Ryan, do you like her? Should I kill her? Fuck..."

I tried to push him away, but he wouldn't budge, "You can't kill her!" I snapped, squirming in his grasp, he held on tighter.

"Stop getting possessive over her. Be possessive over me instead." I flinched as I felt his tongue run over my neck.

"Aren't you supposed to be sick?" I growled.

"I recover fast. That's good information for the future." He mumbled, I flinched again as his hair tickled my neck.

"There is not future." I replied trying to twist in his grasp once more.

"Ryan..." He muttered again, I did my best to push his head away.

"What do you want?" I snapped, he lifted up his head and his eyes burned into mine.

"Ryan." I continued to stare into his eyes, he leaned in closer until his lips brushed against mine, "Ryan."

Suddenly I realized I was letting myself get caught up with him again, I pushed him back, "Stop it! Fuck it's gross! Leave! Shit!" I snapped, I turned around and quickly left, leaving him by himself.

I sat in my room, it had been a few hours, and my mate hasn't shown back up, I frowned, I can't keep going back and forth with him.

I gently ran my fingertips along where his soft lips had brushed, "Stupid..." I muttered to myself, parts of me wondered if I could have accepted him if things were different.

Like he wasn't destroying my home and murdering my packmates.

A small lingering feeling of pain appeared in my chest, it wasn't fair.

My mate was the opposite of everything I wanted, I couldn't live a normal life with them, I didn't understand the need for my mate to be such a creature.

Even so, his warmth, his words, his scent, it all made me feel numb to the outside world.

I hated it.

I jumped as a sudden knock on the door erupted my thoughts, I peeled myself from my bed and slowly made my way downstairs, I opened the door to find my dad, Lexi, and Bernie.

I yawned, my dad frowned, "I didn't come all the way here so you could not act surprised." I let out a long sigh.

"Woah! What a surprise! What brings all three of you here?" I asked, Bernie smirked, my dad cocked his eyebrow.

"Let's go for a run!" Lexi suddenly spoke up, to be honest, I didn't feel like going out right now, but it's not like I was doing anything better, and sometimes you gotta push yourself to do what you don't want to do.

"..Alright..." I sighed, I locked the door and slowly dragged behind everyone else, my clothes probably weren't exactly to best to be wearing outside when it was cold, but it's not like I'd matter when we shifted.

I glanced at Lexi as she walked next to Bernie, her light honey hair was up in a high ponytail exposing her pale tan neck, I looked back towards the ground.

I waited for us to stop, I let everyone to shift before I followed.

Bernie's sandy grey wolf stood next to Lexi's light colored one, a cream colored wolf that almost looked like a tint of blonde.

I stood next to my father, who's pelt had a lot more grey than mine, his light amber eyes shone before he stretched and took off.

Everyone quickly followed, the ground was hard and frozen, like usual.

Cold air blew my fur back, it felt good, running felt good, I closed my eyes for a few seconds to allow my mind to be cleared, I glanced at the scenery as we ran.

A flash of brown suddenly filled my vision, but quickly disappeared, I felt my worries return.

No, it's a forest, of course there's gonna be flashes of brown.

Trees are brown.

Dirt is brown.

But what isn't brown is the flash of green eyes staring at me as I ran by, suddenly I realized my dad started slowing down before coming to a stop, everyone else stopped too.

My dads ears pricked as he looked around, he looked alarmed, I felt my heart slam against my chest, Bernie let out a huff, dad continued to prick his ears for a few seconds before he turned his head and began trotting off, Bernie and Lexi followed.

I stayed put, dad turned his head towards me and tilted his head, I shook my head no, he looked worried, but after a few moments he slowly turned around and took Lexi and Bernie with him.

After their footsteps faded, a large brown wolf stalked towards me, I turned my head and glared at him, he rubbed his head against mine, I got up and moved away, he followed and rubbed his body against mine.

His tongue ran over my ear, so I snapped my jaws at him, just missing his large muzzle, looking at him always made me feel small.

I growled, I thought I told him to leave.

Suddenly he dropped to his belly and crawled towards me going under my belly before he suddenly stood up, I yelped in surprise as my feet were suddenly off the ground, and just as quickly, I was dropped back onto the ground.

Before I could stand back up, my mate rolled over onto me, I let out a large warning growl, but he didn't seem to care.

A sudden snap made both our heads snap in the direction of another wolf standing a few feet away.