The scream

After the time that I guess I had been sick and sleeping, I was instructed to take it slowly. So I Had gotten up to talk to Hope, I felt bad for my attitude the other day and wanted to see how she was handling everything. Although upon entering her room, I found that she was not there. I checked everywhere for her and asked multiple people before running into Steven, a werewolf, who said he saw her leave a while ago.

I was extremely confused, Freya had wanted her to stay here... So where did hope go?

I call Freya, and she says that Hope is still at the school.

This is when I knew that whatever hope is doing is not accurate.

I go into my room place some candles around me to get me in a more powerful mood, before performing a location spell on Hope. As soon as I start to see her, in a car, she blocks me. I find her placing a cloaking spell over her.

I call my mom hastily," Mom, Hope she is not here. I tracked her, but she cloaked herself so fast that I lost her."

I hear her sigh over the phone," I know honey, I found out a while ago. I actually am about to tell your father right now. I am in New Orleans. Now I need you to stay at school...Okay? You can assist the tracking class"

I feel unease in her voice and know that there is no time to argue with her,"Okay, just make sure Hope is safe."

Mom says," I will honey, love you."

I smile and sit on my bed," I love you too mom."

Outside of New Orleans

Caroline and Klaus are parked at a rest stop, and Caroline hands Klaus a coffee.

Caroline,"They just texted. My tracking class should be zeroing in on them. We should have a location nailed down any minute."

Klaus frustrated," So what, we just wait here and sip rancid diner coffee?"

Caroline sighs,"Or you can think about what you'll say when you see Hope. Or more importantly, what you won't say. It'll be tempting to lash out, but you'll regret it later. "

Klaus,"- You know, you have a lot to answer for, and not just for losing my daughter. "

Caroline turns toward him, "She's not lost... "

Klaus cuts her off, "After all your haranguing. "Be a better father, become more engaged.""

Caroline starts using gestures," I refute "harangue." I am not a haranguer. I gave constructive advice. "

Klaus,"Which I heeded at my own peril. And Hope, nor Isabelle didn't make it any easier."

Caroline," Their not eight years old anymore. they don't have to look up to you now just because you're there dad. You have to earn it."

Klaus," You know, the truth be told, it's been bloody awful. I mean, it was bad enough when I had to keep my distance, but now, the desire to keep them close, to-to protect them, the constant worry."

Caroline laughs,"Well, congratulations. You just became a father."

Klaus,"Just as Hope became a truant. Why? Why would she do this?"

Caroline [LAUGHS SOFTLY]," It's pretty basic. Some girls just like the bad boys. The more sheltered they are, the more likely it is."

Klaus frowns," You say that like it's inevitable. It's not a rite of passage."

Caroline leans against the car," Oh, for some girls it is. It was for me. If there was a bad boy within a five-mile radius, I would find him. And some were even way too old for me. "