Speeding through season 8 just so everyone is aware of what happened.

Damon, Enzo, Stefan, Matt, Caroline, and Alaric all contribute to helping finish Rayna's list so they can save Bonnie's life. In the process, Damon calls the armory for their help in return Bonnie will open the vault which she did not want to do. She did it because the armory captured Caroline and Alaric. She opens it and they all run out, knowing whatever is in it is dangerous.

Rayna ends up transferring her power and curse over to Bonnie, so Bonnie becomes the vampire huntress. Bonnie has a dream where she kills Enzo and Caroline, but in reality, she has yet to wake up. Caroline goes into Bonnie's head, where Bonnie marks her. Stefan injects caroline with vervain so he can get her away since she was unwilling. He takes her to a place and when she wakes up he argues with her on how she is not safe for the girls right now. She after a while agreed, and now they are on the run from Bonnie. Turns out the answer is by opening the vault, which bonnie spelled close. Damon suggests using the twins to siphon it open, which Caroline is not subject to doing.

Caroline is in the car with Stefan, when Alaric facetime her.

Josie: Then Lizzie and Isabelle had three cookies, and I only had two.

Lizzie and Isabelle: Two and a half.

Caroline:Wow. This sure is a lot of cookie talk for 8:00 in the morning.

Alaric:Yeah, well, the girls wanted cookies and Daddy needed something to take his mind off things.

Caroline:(laughs) So you stress baked?

Alaric:There's got to be a more masculine way you could say that.

Isabelle:(laughs) I miss you, Mommy.

Caroline: I miss you, too, babies.

Alaric: All right, wave good-bye, girls.

Girls: Bye.

Caroline:Bye.

Alaric:Be safe. (phone beeps off)

Caroline:(sighs) They're three years old. They shouldn't be involved in this world. Not yet. Lizzie siphoned me the other day. The girls had their friend's birthday party, and Lizzie took Isabelles goodie bag. I took it back from her and then she grabbed my arm. She didn't mean to. I just want them to have as normal a childhood as possible.

Stefan: It's your decision.Period

Caroline: Thank You. But this does get you off the hook. For either leaving or the kidnapping

Stefan: Not even a little

Caroline: No

Stefan: I feel... a thaw.

Caroline:There is definitely not a thaw.

Stefan: Okay.

Stefan:(phone buzzing) Bonnie?

Bonnie: I need you to drive faster.

Caroline: Why? What happened?

Bonnie:I'm gaining on you. Tell Stefan to drive faster and don't stop.

Caroline:(engine revs) How'd you catch up to us?

Bonnie:(siren wailing) We have a police siren, okay? It's been helpful.

Caroline: Okay. We won't stop, I promise.

Dispatch: All units, we have a six-car pileup on eastbound 60 at Franklin Drive. Injuries reported. Please respond.

Bonnie:Tell me we're not on 60.

Stefan:(sighs) We're on 60. (tires screeching) Oh, no. I got this. (tires squealing, engine revving) (horns honking)