Chapter 18: All the happenings.

Start from the beginning

"Hey boss that green haired dude is here he wants to talk to you." He wiggled his eyes at you and you gave him a good swat on the shoulder.

"Hey Zoro!" You walked up to him hugging him, he hugged you back just as tight and breathed in your scent. There was still people in the building anyone who didn't know any better would think that he was your boyfriend. Nami, Ace and Barto knew better and they still gave you sly little smirks you wanted to slap off their faces.

"Hey you, are we still on for this weekend?"

"Yeah, uh do I need to dress a certain way for this tournament?"

"Hahaha no, just me."

"And if you place in the top 5 you can open your own dojo?"

"Yeah, I'm nervous last year I lost to Mihawk and finished 7th. But this year I'm going to kick his ass!"

"I'll be rooting for you. You want some chocolate covered fruit?"

"He sent another one? I know he feels awkward but that's just ridiculous!" You nodded in agreement and heard the door chime.

"Hi! Welcome to Sweet Beans-" you stopped mid sentence. You couldn't help it. The people who came in were none other than Nico Robin and your ex-boyfriend Law. You recovered quickly though. "Hey guys! Welcome! What can we get ya?"

"Can we purchase a whole coffee cake and just pay for an entire pot of coffee?" Robin asked with her beautiful smile. Law wasn't looking at you.

"Sure, I've got one cooling right now. I'll bring it right over." You gave Zoro a pat an walked away. To get the cake. When you came back out everyone was noticeably glaring at the pair.

"Hey you guys I'm pretty sure I pay you to work not stare. Get the closing stuff done." They scurried getting the food put away and the coffee machines cleaned.

"Do we need to take this to go Y/N?"

"No you guys are fine, they were just looking a little bored and needed something to do. We don't close for another hour, but since I've expanded it takes a lot longer. Enjoy you two."

"Wait Y/N...we want to talk to you." Law looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. But you sat and looked at Robin. "As you can probably guess, Law and I are dating." No shit. "But I asked Law why you two had broken up, he said you two had communication issues and you both drifted apart. But something tells me he's hiding something. Do you know what it might be?"

You were shocked, one that they were dating and two that she wanted you to confirm that Law was lying. All resentment and anger for the man had long since dissipated after a week after your heart to heart. You could tell he was uncomfortable, and he was worried. Robin didn't tolerate cheaters, and she never dated them.

"Robin you're paranoid. We broke up cause we just couldn't communicate to each other anymore. I shut down and shut him out and he in turn did it to me. We just weren't right for each other." Robin stared at you and smiled.

"Alright thank you. I'll be right back I'm going to wash my hands." She kissed Law on the cheek and walked off. Law looked at the cake, probably reminiscing about the first time he had it.

"This rounds on me. Enjoy the cake Law."

"Y/N-ya wait..." you looked back. "I'm sorry. About everything."

"I know I am too. The cake will always be 1/2 price for you." He smiled at you, you had the urge to hug him but held back. You walked away and saw Zoro, Barto, Ace and Nami giving you pitiful looks. "What?"

"You're way too nice." Ace grunted. You ruffled his hair.

"I'm not longer upset with Law and Robin is a way better fit for him than I ever was. Plus I've moved on and if they're happy with each other let them be happy guys. Hey Barto ring me up for their cake and coffee."

He huffed but did it anyway.

"Hey guys you should come over to Pop's tonight you too Barto! We're having a barbecue and we're going to set up the game systems and everything!"

You thought about it, tomorrow was Saturday and you weren't due til later in the morning. And besides Law and Robin it was dead.

"I'll go! It'd be nice to see Thatch, Marco and Izo! I miss them!"

"Hell yeah! Nami? Barto?"

"Sounds fun I'll go!"

"Me too."

"Sweet!! I'll let Pops know."

Robin and Law said their goodbyes and you locked up the doors and started to clean the floors. About 15 minutes into it you heard a rap on the door and jumped. When you looked it was Mr. Charlotte. He gave a wave and you directed him to the back.

"Mr. Charlotte this is a surprise. Was there something you needed?"

He scratched his cheek above his scarf.

"Ah no I Uh. Wanted to know how everyone liked their arrangements."

"They were delicious as always but you know I've told you before right? I never took what you said as harassment. It was an innocent saying that I took to a bad place. I myself did that."

"I know but my sisters gave me crap for it and said you should sucker punch me."

"I think that'd break my hand if I'm honest. You seem to have a sturdy jaw and I haven't punched someone since high school." He laughed at that and the sound was actually nice. "I have a few cakes left I'm taking most with me for a party but I can give you three of them though. Consider my way of saying I forgive your SMALL oversight, and you don't need to send the arrangements unless I ask for them."

"I'm not small by any means."

"Hmm?"

"Oh nothing sorry talking to myself."

"No worries."

You gave him his cakes and headed to Pops' house. Not knowing you were being watched.

"Doffy hi it's me. Yeah she's leaving, you didn't mention she knew Charlotte Katakuri. Uh-huh. No, I mean that he knocked on the front door she took to the back and they left their separate ways. I don't know, I'll look into that. Yeah yeah. Uh-huh. Gotcha. Anything interesting. Law went in with a new woman. The librarian Nico Robin. Yeah, I though so too. But it didn't bother her. Alright." After writing some notes Vergo drove on the direction of your apartment.

Once he arrived he made sure that no one was around and using a spare key from Doffy opened your door. He wiped his feet, and then took off his shoes, so as to not leave any foot marks on your clean floor.

He got to work and carefully began to look through everything. What he found was a woman who needed a better hobby than jewelry making. The pieces were simple but they were all the same with different color schemes. After searching the desk, dresser drawers, storage containers etc, he didn't find anything of note. You had lots of photos of your friends, some he recognized and Newgate's boys, and some he knew on a business level.

"She has lots of friends that's for sure." Besides the moss head guy he saw earlier he didn't see any potential threats to get in Doffy's way. Everything about this girl screamed simple, but far from plain. If the underwear was anything to go off of, she seemed to have a great body to look at naked. She wasn't exactly Doffy's type but with this being about money and land, as long as she was decent in bed, he didn't see an issue.

"I'll have to check the cafe for things later. I haven't been able to hack the security functions yet. But I'll get there." He found a photo of you alone with a dog, next to a waterfall. He took it with him. And left everything as he found it.

OMG ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!!!
I hope you all enjoy it! The next chapter will be at the BBQ, where there will be a steamy scene (s)😏. Not a lemon but steamy!!!

Stay safe and healthy!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️