✓21

"So,are you gonna participate?" Nifemi asked Temi chewing on her cheeseburger

"The school is gonna choose the representatives" Temi replied with a shrug as she bit into her grilled chicken.

"I'm sure they'll choose you" Favour said

"I don't know," Temi sighed as she drank her smoothie. "There are many athletes they can choose from"

"How many representatives does each school need?" Kudi asked

"Four," Temi said. "Between SS2 and SS3" Kudi replied.

"The principal hasn't even said anything about it," Favour said. "I'm sure he'll see it soon. Because it's everywhere,and many schools are registering. Just hope there's still room for our school"

Temi nodded as they finished their food.

"Hey,why didn't Jamal come for lunch?" Temi asked Nifemi.

"I don't know," Nifemi shrugged as they stood up. "He was acting weird this morning"

They all walked out of the large cafeteria.

School was almost over. They were having their last subject for the day when the bell rang.

Temi wore a confused face as the electronic bell continued to jingle.

"All students to the hall!" A voice said through the mic

"What happened?" Favour asked as they walked out of the class

"I have no idea" Kudi said

*** ***
"I'm sorry to interrupt your class,students," the principal said adjusting his glasses. "But I came across a very good opportunity for our athletes"

He cleared his throat before continuing.

"There's a competition for athletes in SS2 and SS3. I already signed the school up. It's for three days," he took a deep breath. "Tomorrow morning,the representatives will be announced,so they can start practicing as soon as possible,and so they can also inform their parents about it...  I know this announcement doesn't concern the juniors but you all have to be aware. Accomodations will be taken care of,as well as feeding. So tomorrow morning,after I announce the representatives,I'll give each of them a form for them and their parents to fill"

Temi continued to listen attentively.

"The event like I said earlier is for three days and the four of them will stay in a hotel. . There are many other slots like football, swimming,high jump,long jump. Each representative has to participate in them all,but the main slot we filled was basketball. The other activities are just to boost your score. Every school has the main sport they signed up for. Some other school might have chosen swimming or football," the principal looked through the paper in his hand,and shrugged. "That's all for now. You may all go" he said with a brief smile as the students scurried out of the hall.

Favour slung her arm around Temi's shoulder as they walked to their class .
"I hope he chooses you," Favour grinned. "I know how much you'd cherish that"

*** " *** "
Jamal wasn't picking his calls.

Temi had called him four times now.

At school,he was very quiet.

Temi decided not to call anymore. She knew whatever was happening to him,he chose not to pick her calls.

*** ***
Temi couldn't help the smile that spread across her face when the principal handed her the form. He told her to return it the next morning.

The school picked Temi,Samuel(a guy in SS2), Cynthia (a girl in SS2) and Jamal.

As Temi got home,she jumped on her bed in excitement.

She didn't even take off her uniform,she started to fill her form

When she was done,she took a cold shower and changed into her comfortable sweats.

She then took the parent's form and shoved it in her bag with her phone and some cash.

The driver opened the door for her. She got in and told him where to drive to.

°°°°°°°°

"I just need you to fill the form,mom" she said as she sat down.

"Why?" Her mom asked with an arched brow.

"You haven't even read it" Temi huffed as she opened the bowl of ice cream she bought on her way here

Temi's mom read the paper with furrowed brows.

"You're gonna be gone for three days?!"

Temi sighed.

She knew this was gonna happen

"Yes mom," Temi said. "I think I'm old enough to go"

"You're just gonna be seventeen in a few days" her mom said still going through the paper.

"Please,just fill the form"

"I don't know.....," Her mom sighed. "I know this is an opportunity for you,but I'm just after your safety"

"I'll be fine. You don't always have to be overprotective"

"You're my only child,Tems. This is normal for any mom"

Temi continued to have some more ice cream.
"Yeah,right. Please,sign it" she said, getting bored already

"The winners get a lot of stuff" Temi's mom said.

"Yup," Temi said ready to recite the prizes to her mom. "The school gets new computers,some stationery and six million. While each winning participant gets five million,two new phones,a laptop and two coupons to have some FroYo" Temi said.

"Did you memorize the prizes?" Temi's mom asked as she read through the paper

Temi nodded as she continued to stuff her face with ice cream.

"Call me everyday," her mom said writing on the paper. "And please,be safe"

"We're going with our PE teacher,Miss Kamsy" Temi said

Her mom nodded  as she wrote.

"I'm still going to call your principal later" her mom said.

Temi snapped her head at her mom

"MOM!!"

THANKS FOR READING! AGHHH LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH.

MELANIN3000✨✨🦋🦋✨✨