✓ 1

***
Temi didn't know what to do,.. she stared at her long fingernails one more time before deciding to knock on the door again.
A deep and familiar voice answered.

"Come in!" The voice yelled,clearly disturbed

She stepped into the large room of her dad. He was clearly busy as he sat at his desk, writing down stuff.

"Good evening sir" she greeted him and he turned around to give her his full attention

"School resumes tomorrow sir" she said and he nodded

"I'll transfer the full payment to the financial department" he said to her

"Sir, I will be writing external exams too and we also have to pay for that" she added

"Whatever,I just need the digits" he said turning back to his work

"Yes sir. I will confirm tomorrow"

"Is that all?" Her dad asked

"Yes sir. Have a nice evening sir" she said and left the room. Immediately she closed the door,she let out a heavy breath. It had never been easy talking to her dad,and thank goodness she only had to do that once in a while.

She left the mansion and went to her mom's house. She boarded a bus to her destination.

When she arrived,the front door was open,so Temi let herself him

"Mumsy,I'm home!" She yelled dropping her cross bag on the table in the living room.

Her mom walked into the living room with a smile.

"Omo mi(my child)"

"You know school is starting tomorrow" Temi said to her mom and her mom nodded

"Don't forget to pray for me like you always do o" Temi teased

"How can I forget to pray for my only child?" Her mom replied and Temi smiled.

"Are you coming to daddy's house tonight?" Temi asked her mom

"I don't think so o. There is so much work here" she replied.

Temi's mom sells food in a very huge restaurant. She has been selling food for years now,and as the owner of the restaurant,she made sure she had a house very close to the restaurant..

"Just make sure you visit probably after school or weekends" her mom said and Temi nodded.

It might seem complicated but Temi had gotten used to all this drama.. sometimes,her mom and dad would have an argument and her mom would come to her house to cool down. But the main reason for her mom renting a separate house was for the sake of the business..

Temi mostly stays at her dad's mansion because it is closer to school,and sometimes,going from her mom's house makes her late because there is always traffic..

Her mom also comes to the mansion,but not like before. Her mom doesn't want any drama with the other wives for now.

*.*.*.
When she arrived at the mansion,Temi walked up to her room. Immediately she opened the door,the familiar cold air welcomed her. She was happy she left the air conditioner on.
Her room was a master bedroom. It was painted blue with a touch of white on some areas,it had a desk facing the window. It then had a bathroom. Her bed was big enough for her,and then she had a closet in her room.

Temi does not let all this wealth get to her head because her dad is not even normal sef. He can tell her to stay at her mom's place for a week. Imagine you having all this comfort and still behaving so humble..