Prologue - The Life Before

My mama was an elemental master but I didn't know what of. My papa was the Light Samurai and they both were the protectors of our village.They would take turns in caring for me, while the other looked out for the village and kept everyone safe

Me and mama were sitting next to a river with me leaning on her side. I tugged at the armour mama was wearing and used sign language to her.

{Read me my favourite story please}

"Alright, alright, get comfy" she says in her soothing tone of voice. My parents would always tell me stories to entertain me and to put me to sleep. My favourite was the one about the first spinjitzu master, so that was the one I was listening to at the time.

Once she had finished the story, I was already asleep on her lap, with her feeling my calm breath on her hand that was wrapped around my hair.

"Oh Faye my Little Pixie, there will be a time where life will not be as happy as it is now... I just hope when the time comes, you realise how important you actually are in this world..."

My mum then started singing my favourite song that always reminded me even though I couldn't do much, that I couldn't talk, I would never be silent.
_________________________________________

Today was my tenth birthday, it should've been one of the best days in my life, but it was the WORST. Bad guys had invaded our village, and me, mama and papa were running away from them. They had burnt down our village, and all I could hear was the sound of people crying out for mercy-but from what it sounded like- none were spared.

My face was burried into my Papa's chest, balling my eyes out. Mama then took me out of his arms and placed me in hers, singing that very song she always sung when I was feeling emotional such as this.

When my papa had turned around, he was met with a man dressed in complete black, covering every detail of them. But what concerned me was that he was wielding a sword in his hands.

"Akari, take Faye somewhere, anywhere but here. I'll hold them off"

"But Haru.."

"THERE'S NO TIME, YOU MUST PROTECT HER!

Mama then let me go and we ran as far as my legs could go. Once we had stopped for a break, she started to talk to me.

"Princess, I need you to run. It doesn't matter where you are or how far you are, as long as your not here and they don't find you. Just don't look back. Do you understand Faye?"

I used sign language once again, with tears streaming down my cheeks.

{But what about you mama? And papa? What'll happen to you? And me? Where do I go? I have nowhere else to turn to..}

"You'll live, and that's all that matters. You know, you have a great destiny you need to fulfil. Take this, and treasure it with your life, you'll need it when the time is right"

Mama took of the golden heart shaped locket she always wears around her neck and places it around mine. She then caressed my forehead and said her last words

 She then caressed my forehead and said her last words