Chapter 5

(In this chapter, Yuuki-chan is now a 7 years old!

Enjoy!

—AuThOr Of ThIs BoOk)

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

Spring, March...

At 6:15 in the morning, I got out of bed, fixed it, and did at least 15 minutes of stretching. After I'm done, I changed my pajamas before heading out of my room.

I saw okaa-san preparing for our breakfast while otou-san was sitting at the table, reading a newspaper with the TV on.

"Good morning, okaa-san and otou-san," I greeted them with a smile, sitting at the table.

[(35) Hoshino Mitsuki: 165 cm, (secret) kg]

"Good morning to you, too, Yuuki-chan," okaa-san placed down the plates with foods she prepared on the table in front of us before getting some drinks.

[(38) Hoshino Asato: 183 cm, 68 kg]

"Good morning," otou-san smiled at me before resuming what he was doing awhile ago. Okaa-san finally sat down at the table beside otou-san. Otou-san put aside the newspaper. We pressed our palms together, """Itadakimasu!"""

We began to eat.

"[... That's all for today's morning weather. Up next is the Horoscope show,]" I listened to the TV while eating in silence. The TV screen shifted to the next show.

"[Hi, there! This is the Oha-Asa show!]"

They first said the luckiest and the unluckiest sign before ranking the top signs in frequent order.

When the Cancer was mentioned as rank 1, I fixed my gaze to the TV. 'Hmm... So today is Shintaro's luckiest day. Good for him.'

For now, nothing happened that much in the passed few years. I haven't caused a lot of problems...yet.

Ever since Shintaro met me again in the daycare, he always invited me to play with me. It's been 3 years since that day. So basically, we're just childhood friends.

By the way, I was the one who introduced him to the world of Oha-Asa. I don't know if that was a good thing to do, but it was for his own good anyway. I might regret that sooner or later. But that's fine..

I guess?

In my previews life, Shintaro didn't become my childhood friend. When Shintaro can finally speak properly without stuttering, he adds "-na/nodayo" at some of his last sentences. I also learned that if there's no "-na/nodayo" in the end of his sentence, it means that he's angry, sad, or serious. I'm glad I noticed that. It makes it easier for me to determine his mood.

Narrowing my eyes, I tighten my hold on my chopsticks, '12 more years left before that accident could happen... Time flies so fast when you're having fun, huh.' I paused for awhile before shoving a lot of foods in my mouth, '"Having fun"? That's not a best way to describe my daily life... I'm so worried about Shintaro that sometimes I can hardly sleep well at night!!'

"Yuuki-chan," okaa-san called me as she placed down her chopsticks. After swallowing the foods from my mouth, I asked, looking at her, "Yes, okaa-san?"

"Me and your otou-san have been thinking since yesterday that it's about time," she said. I blinked in confusion, "Time for what?"

She beamed with a smile, "For you to go to school!"

'I knew that this day will come,' I gulped nervously.