Chapter 2

(Chapter 2!!

Enjoy!(*・ω・*)b♪

-Author)

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

My family visited a certain family. "Congratulations to the both of you, Shizuka-san & Rintaro-kun!!" Otou-san happily greeted the Midorima couple as he saw them. "Thank you, Asato-san," Shizuka-san said, letting us in their house. Beside her was her husband. Rintaro-san is a tall person with slightly tanned skin, short black hair and onyx-like eyes.

""Ojamashimasu(I'm sorry for the intrusion).""

Otou-san placed a hand on Rintaro-san's shoulder, "I can't believe that you're now a father! You know, being a parent is not that easy. But our duty as parents became much easier because our daughter is a well-behaved one."

"You guys are lucky then," Rintaro-san chuckled, happy that his old friend haven't changed much since he had a family. Rintaro-san caressed my head gently as otou-san was still carrying me in his arms. I smiled at him shyly as a reply. "May we see your son?" Otou-san asked excitedly.

"Of course."

Shizuka-san led us into their child's room with her husband tagging along. When we entered, we went near a crib with a few weeks old baby. Otou-san leaned me slightly into the crib, holding me firmly. "Look, Yuuki-chan. That's Rintaro-kun's and Shizuka-san's child. He's cute, isn't he?"

'Shintaro...'

Our eyes met. I leaned into him, and with a kiss on the baby's soft cheek— I made a vow, that I'll take good care of Shintaro like a little brother.

"Oh, my."

"Did you took a picture of that?"

"Yep!"

Ignoring the adults from the background, I pressed my lips together, 'I...won't let him die in that accident, 18 years from now. I have to prevent that from happening. The reason why I was reborn again...is for that one and only purpose. If I asked for more, my wish will not come true. Also, in order for him not to be misfortune, I must not be his future lover.'

In my previews life, I confessed to Shintaro when he was a 3rd year in Teiko on Valentine's day. That was the day I became his girlfriend. After that... I caused him a lot of problems with my existence!

Like (1), I accidentally tripped while carrying a bucket of dirtied water when I was helping the basketball club clean their gym that they used... a-and then, it all spilled to Shintaro.

(2) I persistently wanted Shintaro to help me review for every upcoming tests in middle school and highschool. Because of it, Shintaro wasn't able to review his textbooks and couldn't surpassed Akashi-kun's.

(3) Most of Shintaro's lucky item were accidentally destroyed or misplaced... by me.

(4) I was the reason why Shintaro dislikes cats. That was what Shizuka-san told me in the past.

'Seriously, what was I like when I was little? I can't remember...'

(5) I got sick one day and didn't take a rest while doing my club activities as a member of the Art club in the gym. Shintaro caught my sickness and wasn't able to participate in a play and missed the match with Seirin when he was a 2nd year in Shutoku. After that, he kinda distanced himself from me when he was cured.

'Now that I think of it, Shintaro became unlucky every time I'm with him! Why didn't I realized it sooner!? I have no other choice then. I-I must distance myself from him, even if it hurts me. If I'm with him, he might be the one who will get hurt. I don't want that to happen to him. So I must stay away from him while looking after him in silence! You can do it, Yuuki!'

[Or so she thought...]

3 years later, at the Daycare Center.

My other eye twitched for a reason, fake smiling as a certain boy stood in front of me with his mother.

"Be nice to each other, okay-nanodayo?" Shizuka-san said to both of us.

""Hai./Hai...""

"Now go on and play," okaa-san said. Imaginary beads of sweat kept sliding on my face with a frozen smile.

'How am I going to distance myself from him if we're going to be together because we're attending the same daycare!? What happened to the vow I made years ago!? Fate! Are you playing with my life!?

How am I going to deal with this now-nanodayo...!?'