Prologue

"Shintaro! Please wait!"

A black haired woman called her lover desperately, almost stumbling on the road. Ignoring his girlfriend who was following him from behind, Midorima Shintaro sped up his steps.

"Shintaro!"

The female managed to catch up with him & seized his left wrist in a gentle touch with both of her hands.

There was a sunset as the two of them stood still in front of the entrance of an old shrine. "What's...wrong? Why are you...ignoring me?" His lover said with a worried look as she tried to catch her breathe.

The green haired remained quiet while pressing his lips together & refusing to look at her face.

"Let go." At the edge of his voice, Shintaro was trying his best to remain as calm as he can. But every time he remembered that moment, he couldn't stay calm.

"Shin—"

He pulled his arm away from her roughly which made her to let go. Slowly, he finally looked.

Pain & shock were showed all over her face. His chest tightened in pain at the sight of her current state, however, anger overwhelmed him than pain.

She began to speak, "Kazu-kun... He didn't really mean to—"

"—Enough!" He interrupted her with a loud voice which made her to flinch & take a back step.

"It was an accident. What I've told... You don't believe in me? Even though... I told you the whole truth?" Voice cracking with sadness, her pinkish lips quivered. "You hate me now because of that...?" Her orange eyes turned glassy.

Silence. Then a sob.

She wiped her tears that were about to fall from her angelic face, "I wish that...you should, at least, have faith in me," She cried, continuously wiping her stubborn tears.

Shintaro parted his lips, "It's getting late. You should go home now."

She tried to calm herself. "...Aren't you going to...walk me home?"

"... Not today. Besides, your home is very near from here. So there's no need for me to do that."

"I...I see," the female forced a smile. "By the way, good luck to your match for tomorrow. I hope your team will win..."

She turned her back to his direction. Shintaro faced her back. He reached his left hand to touch her small hand with a sorry look, but he stopped himself from doing that.

"S-See you tomorrow then... Shintaro." Head lowered, she began to walk in a slow pace.

"Yuuki-san."

Hearing her name escaped from his lips, she stopped & faced him. She wore a weary smile, "Yes?"

Fists curling, Shintaro mustered a courage to say it to her. "Yuuki-san... Boku wa anata ga dai kirai"

ScReEeEcH!!

""!!??""

Beep!

BEEEEEPPP!!!

Scre———ch!!!!!

THUD!!!

CRASH!!!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(It all started because of a misunderstanding.

That unfortunate day...

It ruined both of his life...

& dreams...)

Hoshino Yuuki fluttered her eyes open. Blinking, she slowly sat up in daze from the frigid ground. "What on earth...?"

She touched her head, suddenly remembering what had happened. Heart pounding loudly from her rib cage, with a horrified expression Yuuki looked around the place & spotted a small group of people surrounding a person who was laying on the ground unconsciously with his head bleeding and a trace of blood on his chin.

'No

'No...'

Trembling, Yuuki forced herself to stand up & immediately went to his side, not caring whether she have injuries or whatsoever on her body. All she cares about is the person she loves.

"S-Shintaro... Shintaro!" Kneeling down, she covered her face with her hands & cried. "You can't...! You can't die yet! Not here & not now! Please wake up! You still have to fulfill your dreams, remember? Don't die! Please!! SHINTARO!!"

'Kami-sama whom I hate so much, please don't take him away from me...!'

Yuuki begged, 'Please, give me another chance...! I don't want to lose him!!'

(I hope you liked it!

(*´▽`)ノノ

Thank you for reading this!

—Authorღ)