-Chapter 1-

Location- Benicia, California

"I'm back!" Kaitlyn yells as she enters the large foyer, her final pale blue suitcase making a small thunk as she sets it down on the stained wood floors. She listens quietly for a few seconds before leaving her luggage by the door and venturing deeper inside the quiet house.
Kaitlyn Tooli, known by her friends as Kait, just got back from a book signing tour in Europe a week early. She wanted to surprise her three closest friends and fellow roommates so she didn't tell them of her early return. Which is why she finds herself alone in the beautiful beachfront home, she glides into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water from the fridge. Sighing to herself she takes a sip leaning against the counter, she turns her hazel eyes towards the large window above the sink that overlooks the beautiful blue ocean.
"Figures, I finish a week early and they all disappear." She sighs to herself in disappointment as she gently puts her shoulder length blonde hair into a ponytail, deciding to unpack while she waits for her friends to return from wherever they went off too. Returning to the foyer she grabs her things and begins the back and forth trips from the foyer up to the third floor where her room is until her final suitcase is neatly placed in her room.
Not wasting any time she quickly wheels two of the four suitcases into her walk-in closet, setting them on their side she quickly unpacks her clothes, hanging the shirts up while putting everything else in their drawers. Once she finishes she leaves her closet and tackles the final two suitcases, both of which hold presents for her three roommates. Taking the presents out she sets them on her queen size bed, then rolls the suitcases into the closet with the others.
Finally she grabs her laptop carrier and walks towards another door, opening it she steps inside to her home office, the walls are a grayish blue while the floors are a white stained wood, in the center of the office is a glass desk with little trinkets speckled across it. Being an author she usually spends days in her office either writing or researching, her friends know if they can't find her to just look in her office.
Kait smiles as the scent of flowers fill her nose, she silently thanks the girls for keeping her office nice and dust free. As well as taking care of her many plants spaced around the bright light filled room. It's been about a month and a half since she's been home, one of her longest book signings, but also her last until she finishes her next one. She walks towards the desk, unzipping the black laptop carrier. She pulls out her sleek gray laptop and sets it down in the center of her desk. Making her way back towards the door, she leans against the frame and sighs, looking around the familiar room as the past few weeks finally catch up with her.
The room is a pale blue with a light oak wood flooring, on the wall opposite when you first enter the room by the hallway is a beautiful bay window overlooking the ocean where a few surfers are currently riding the waves. Kait walks over and moves the gifts before collapsing onto her large queen size bed, the blankets smell freshly washed and are as soft as clouds. She closes her eyes, as exhaustion finally catches up with her, having written a few pages instead of sleeping the plane ride home has left her spent.
Curling up into a ball, she decides to take a nap while she waits for her friends to return home. As she closes her eyes and begins to drift off her three cats Eclipse, Gemini and Celeste walk into the room, jumping on the bed they curl up beside her and as the warm sun shines into the bright room the four of them fall fast asleep.

On the other side of town Maddie, Znhyia, and Andrea are enjoying the rare Thursday they all have off. Having found out they all have today off they decided to have a day out, Andrea with her vlogging camera out and recording their adventure into the cute beach town.
"Hey guys! So today we all decided to have an adventure, we're going to check out a few stores and of course get some food!" Andrea points her camera towards Maddie and Znhyia, both rolling their eyes as they pass a small cafe where a few people are sitting outside enjoying the nice weather. Andrea Russo, a 20 year old college Junior in fine arts is widely known for her Vlogs that have recently been growing in popularity. Out of the four roommates Andrea is the one who gets the girls out, if it wasn't for her the other three would never leave their rooms, let alone the house.
Andrea's chocolate brown eyes sparkle as they pass by store after store while Znhyia taps on her phone, checking her email for the fifth time today. She applied to a few places for her internship and has been waiting to hear back for the past few days, meaning her phone hasn't left her side in just as many.
"I never completely agreed to this outing, I was perfectly fine with staying home, I could have called Donny and gotten a session in." The remark comes from Maddison Goshala, aka Maddie. The youngest of the four friends at 19 she's currently majoring in nursing while minoring in psychology. Out of the roommates, Maddie is known for her no bullshit attitude, she started taking self defense lessons a few months after moving in after a robbery scare.
Brushing her long curly blonde hair out of her face Maddie sighs and turns her attention to her phone as she researches cafes near them, suddenly remembering that she's hungry. Andrea looks at the two unenthusiastic girls with her and shakes her head, clearly displeased with the lack of enthusiasm.
"Where is the energy people? Come on, Kait comes back next week and all we can say is that we changed the color of the drapes. We're going to look like pathetic losers."
Znhyia snorts, as Andrea turns the camera back around to face her, knowing that what she said didn't do a damn thing. Andrea was sick of being inside, since she's been cooped up in the house drawing for the past few days. Being a fine arts student was fun, that is until you have to spend countless hours working on your masterpiece only for it to be ruined by one wrong brush stroke.
"When did you change the drapes? It better go with the color scheme of the living room or Kait's gonna be pissed. Also, she's just as reclusive as we are so she would probably be jealous of the fact that we just stayed home and relaxed for the past few weeks." Maddie says, not taking her eyes off her phone.
"If it was up to Kait she would do everything from her office, she's not the best with big crowds. Hell, I thought the world was ending when she told us she was going to Europe for two months." Znhyia, finally deciding to put in her opinion, says after finally putting her phone in her purse.
Znhyia Craen, her friends call her either Z or Tae depending on who's calling her of course. Currently 21 and in her final year of college. She's studying to be a teacher, though she has yet to decide on what age she wants to go with.. She continually finds herself taking internship after internship at many different places, hoping to one day finally find her perfect fit.
"Wanna get a snack? It's half past one, this cafe up here has pretty decent reviews." The girls nod and follow Maddie towards a cute cafe, LIF shines in bright pink letters above the door. Upon entering the smell of sweets and coffee fill the girls noses, making them all take a deep breath in, the tension from the past few days fades away off of their shoulders as they take a seat at one of the dark mahogany tables, a pale pink table cloth covers it and on top of the tablecloth lies a small white vase with a red rose.
The inside of the cafe is adorable, filled with many pastel colors. Each table cloth is a different shade of either pink or blue with a different color rose centering it. The girls are quickly greeted by a pretty brunette in a pale pink polo and black knee length shirt, you can feel the excitement radiating off of her as she hands them each a small menu.
"Hi! My name is Sarah! What can I get for you three?" The girls quickly scan down the menu before ordering their respective drinks and snacks. Sarah quickly scurrys off towards the register, she whispers something to her male coworker before disappearing into the back, where the kitchen is. Maddie sighs and looks around, the cafe is obviously new, she's been here for almost a year now and this is the first time she's ever seen a cafe so...colorful.
"It looks like a powerpuff girl exploded in here." Andrea snorts and nods her head in agreement while Znhyia glares at the pair. "I think it's cute! There's not many cute cafes like this anymore, they've become so bland and boring." Maddie glances around the cafe once more before shrugging, causing Andrea to laugh as she turns the camera back on.
The three of them chat idly as they wait for their snacks to arrive, just as their food is brought to them the front door chimes with an incoming customer. Znhyia looks up and is surprised to see Haily, one of her classmates as well as the girl's next door neighbor standing at the entrance looking around. That is until she spots the guy behind the counter. She breaks into a smile and begins approaching him until she spots the girls at their table, glancing between the counter guy and the group of girls she sighs and instead makes a beeline for the table.
"What are y'all doing here? I thought you'd be at home hanging out with Kaitlyn." Maddie rolls her eyes, Haily is known in their neighborhood as the gossip queen. Which also means she should already know that Kait is in Europe but is probably fishing for info. Znhyia, being the nice civil person she is, kindly reminds Haily about Kait's return being next week.
"Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw her being dropped off by her cute little assistant before coming here? She had a bunch of blue suitcases, and was on the phone with someone from her publishing place I think." Andrea just stares at her in awe, amazed at how nosy this girl really is before what she said clicks.
"Wait, Kait's home? Are you sure? I thought she said she wouldn't be back till next week?" Haily nods as she turns slightly so that way she can look at the male server who for his part is trying very hard to ignore her. "Yeah, she was talking to someone about how you guys are going to be really surprised or something. I was going to tell her that you guys had already left but she didn't see me waving."
Maddie snorts, knowing that Kait probably did see her but just ignored her. Kait's nice to everyone but if she's not in the mood she can be a bitch especially to annoying nosy neighbors. The girls sit in utter silence for a few moments before quickly jumping up, Znhyia rushes up to the counter and pays. Apologizing for not finishing the food but assuring the male server that it was delicious, they quickly give a half hearted goodbye to Haily and run out of the cafe to their beautiful house where their friend is waiting.

"You promise you're not mad!" Maddie and Znhyia look sadly at Kait, once they were told of her return they all quickly rushed home and found her asleep in her room. Andrea went to get some drinks and snacks while the three girls sat on Kait's bed.
Kait rubs her eyes gently and yawns. "Why would I be mad, I didn't tell you guys I was coming home early so it's understandable that you all would be out and about." Maddie and Tae can't help but smile at their friend, if you were to look at the group without knowing them you would assume Kait is the youngest. From her round child-like face to her short height she looks 18 instead of a few months shy of 23.
"How was Europe?" Andrea asks upon her return, sliding onto the large bed with some bottles of various drinks and snacks. Kait sighs and leans back against the headrest, her whole body sinks as she is reminded of the exhausting book tour.
"Laura owes me big time. It wasn't bad and the sights were really pretty but, to be honest it was exhausting, I didn't think a lot of people even read my books but to my surprise everywhere we went I spent at least 8 hours just signing and taking pictures." The three girls smile as Kait continues her complaints, knowing full well that she enjoyed herself, her books were everything to her and now that she knows how much people like them you can tell she's extremely satisfied with her life.
The girls spend the rest of the beautiful afternoon talking about the past few weeks that they were separated, laughing and tossing popcorn at each other. As night falls the girls say their goodnights and head to their differing rooms while Kait heads to the kitchen in search of some coffee, as her night is just beginning. On her way past the living room something catches her eye, stopping dead in her tracks she yells at the top of her lungs.
"Who the fuck changed my drapes?" The house is silent for a few seconds before laughter is heard from Maddie and Znhyia's room, while Andrea's remains silent.

—————————————————-
We hope you enjoyed this chapter, See you next month!! :)

Comment & vote!!
                              -The Clover Team